FireTV stick wont connect to network
I just received my firetv stick, I was able to connect it to my mothers wifi with no issues. I've now brought it home and tried connecting it to my wifi for the first time and it won't connect. I am able to see my network, it says signal strength is very good, It scans but as soon as it starts to authenticate the signal strength changes to "Not in range" I've re-entered my password, rebooted both the firestick and the router, but still get the same issue. My network is working, because I have other devices that are connecting and working fine. Any suggestions? Thanks. Also if it's an issue with my router, my knowledge is pretty limited. I know how to login to it, but once im in there I'm a bit lost.
I know that in the past, FireTVs had some issue with certain special characters in password, worths a shot to change your router password and try again.

Edit : add link http://www.aftvnews.com/backslash-in-wif...-tv-stick/
But my current password only contains letters and numbers. No special characters.
But my current password only contains letters and numbers. No special characters.
Are you using wifi in the 5ghz range? I've heard fire sticks can have issues connecting in this range.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I have tried looking in my routers settings for this because I've read that it's an issue...but I can't find that setting anywhere. M'y router is a 2wire 3801HGV.
I contacted my service provider and they changed it to 2.4ghz....that didn't help.
So I had another new firetv stick (it's for my aunt) decided to plug that one in and that connected no problem. So I guess it's something to do with my stick and not my router. Just not sure what....
Update: well somehow it's now working. I "forgot" the network in system settings and reconnected, and all of a sudden it connected.
Did you ever find a fix for this? I have programmed a couple and sent them to people and had to have them send it back and send them another because of this issue but then when i plug it into my tv it connects to my router just fine.

Is forgetting the network and reconnecting the answer?
I had a similar issue with my fire tv. I found that I had mac filtering on in my router settings, and the fire tv's mac address wasn't on the list of allowed devices. I added the mac address to the list, hit apply, and it connected fine after. Hope this helps.
I notice that my AFTV stick has some instability on 5GHz WiFi also. I have since added a separate AP that is merely 3 feet away from it and it's a lot more stable now. Before that I changed it to 2.4GHz and it was a lot more stable. I thought at the time that it was only my environment or my stick that has problem, so I didn't research on that at all. (Most of my other devices are on ethernet directly for STBs, but my mobile devices do not have problems on 5GHz except for range. My original 5GHz AP was one room away, not too far yet not in same room).

Thus I usually prefer ethernet if I can. The stick was a very good deal though so it's forgiven.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV stick wont connect to network0