Req Using app volume control releases mute
Hi joethefox,

I spotted something that I think would be a useful future development; when the volume has been muted outside of the app (such as by a keyboard, or other remote) then using the volume control within the app should unmute the volume. Currently when muted, the volume buttons and slider within the app do not unmute the volume.
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
Plus testing v17 nighlies on Macbook, and using Estuary skin.
Hi,
I'm using the command set Volume to change the volume and should be automatic the unmute action when kodi receives a volume change, however you can now add to the remote control view's right side the "mute/unmute" action button:
(2016-01-30, 11:42)joethefox Wrote: Hi,
I'm using the command set Volume to change the volume and should be automatic the unmute action when kodi receives a volume change,

Hi, thanks for the response. No, that's not the behaviour it does. To recreate: use separate Bluetooth keyboard to mute whatever is playing, then use this app to change volume. What happens, on mine, is the volume slider moves on both the app and onscreen - but the sound remains muted. See if you can recreate this error? If so, is this a bug in the app, or shall I report it somewhere else?
Main TV: LibreELEC 7.0.1 / Kodi 16.1, with Xonfluence skin on Asus Chromebox (1.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 64Gb SSD) + DVB-S and DVB-T with TVH.
(2016-01-30, 11:42)joethefox Wrote: however you can now add to the remote control view's right side the "mute/unmute" action button:

I tried this without success. I get as far as selecting the 'mute' action from the long list of actions, and the app crashes out completely to iPhone home screen. :-( and the Kodi system starts 'Party Mode' in MUSIC!
meh! that's a big issue ! never had a problem on my side.

could you please provide a kodi debug log when creating the button/executing the action? enable also the JSON-RPC requests component specific logging please.
[LOG REMOVED]

For the above log I: rebooted, Kodi starts up with PVR channel playing, stop that channel playing, open iPhone remote, follow your steps as far as "Execute a specific action" and then select "Mute", the iPhone app crashed, Kodi started a party mode in music, I tried to use Kodi Log Uploader but that failed. End of log.

Hope that helps investigate :-)

p.s. don't forget that this a secondary issue - the original unmuting error is detailing in post 3 above.
Hi,
sadly the JSON-RPC specific component wasn't enabled. Can you upload a new debug log with "Enable component-specific logging" turned on and with "verbose logging for JSON-RPC requests" enabled (only this component). thank you!
(2016-02-01, 21:57)joethefox Wrote: Hi,
sadly the JSON-RPC specific component wasn't enabled. Can you upload a new debug log with "Enable component-specific logging" turned on and with "verbose logging for JSON-RPC requests" enabled (only this component). thank you!

Apologies. Hope it's correct this time: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfznzoq4zivcap4/kodi.log?dl=0 same sequence of events (except I didn't try add-on Kodi Log Uploader as that doesn't seem to work).
now the component logging is enabled but are you sure that in this log you have selected the "mute" action? In the logs I see when I ask the list of the available actions
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"JSONRPC.Introspect","id":1253190887,"params":{"filter":{"id":"Input.ExecuteAction","type":"method"}}}
but there aren't other Input.ExecuteAction

Ok, found the culprit! It's a bug that occurs when the "Direct Play" option is enabled into the app settings. I missed this check and then instead of using thee Input.ExecuteAction I'm using the Player.Open method :|

You should disable the "Direct Play" option until a new app version is released. OR if you want to leave enabled that option, tap and long press the desired action to pull up the action sheet.
(2016-02-01, 22:29)joethefox Wrote: now the component logging is enabled but are you sure that in this log you have selected the "mute" action? In the logs I see when I ask the list of the available actions
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"JSONRPC.Introspect","id":1253190887,"params":{"filter":{"id":"Input.ExecuteAction","type":"method"}}}
but there aren't other Input.ExecuteAction

Ok, found the culprit! It's a bug that occurs when the "Direct Play" option is enabled into the app settings. I missed this check and then instead of using thee Input.ExecuteAction I'm using the Player.Open method :|

You should disable the "Direct Play" option until a new app version is released. OR if you want to leave enabled that option, tap and long press the desired action to pull up the action sheet.

Glad you found it :-) Don't forget the original issue in post 3 ;-)

p.s. the app really is great :-)
regarding issue on post 3: I expressed myself badly. I know that's not the behaviour, I said "it should be" meaning that currently it isn't.

p.s. thank you Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using app volume control releases mute0