• 1(current)
Jarvis RC Choppy UI, Full Screen Window Only Fix
Bug 
Been using the first release candidate and just updated to the second one on Windows 10 PC w/ i7 & 980ti. With 15 I had smooth 60fps UI but updating to 16 RC makes it choppy unless I use full screen window instead of true full screen. Any advice? Would definitely rather be using true fullscreen.
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
Try this: settings>videos>acceleration>render method>software
1. The issue is not with Video Playback stutter rather GUI stutter when maneuvering about Kodi.
2. Tried the setting anyway for hahas and still no fix.
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
Troubleshooting (wiki)

Well that was the best fix I could offer with the lack of information in your post. A proper debug posted to a public paste-bin and linked back to this thread would help a lot more. I do suspect that your issue lies in the gfx area, and now I'm thinking towards your gfx card driver. The full screen problem is a bit of a tip off and I'm wondering http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ#Stuttering if this might pin it down. Take a look at this entire wiki Windows FAQ (wiki) you may come up with the solve.
I find it pretty hard to believe seeing as the driver has not changed in fact literally NOTHING has changed other than the Kodi version. I use the PC for gaming and Witcher 3 still runs fine and all that. In fact even video in Kodi looks absolutely fine with no stutter and it changes refresh rates no problem. The only problem is the GUI itself. I will try to pastebin a debug today.
Was too big for pastebin, upped kodi.log to my google drive here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DJr27...sp=sharing
(2016-02-03, 18:25)gotoman00 Wrote: I find it pretty hard to believe seeing as the driver has not changed in fact literally NOTHING has changed other than the Kodi version. I use the PC for gaming and Witcher 3 still runs fine and all that. In fact even video in Kodi looks absolutely fine with no stutter and it changes refresh rates no problem. The only problem is the GUI itself. I will try to pastebin a debug today.

Huge problems can happen moving from one version to the other, the only way to be 100% is clean install the new build as a standalone installation.
Try to compare GPU load via GPU-Z utility in Kodi 15 and 16. Perhaps nvidia card goes to a low power state with Kodi 16.
(2016-02-02, 03:18)PatK Wrote: Try this: settings>videos>acceleration>render method>software

No don't! This is not what you think it is.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Possible but in 3d settings for the driver I have Maximum Performance enabled so there should be no power saving or anything running kodi
bump! I have a debug log can anyone take a look? I just tried uninstalling and wiping install data and fresh install of RC3 with same problems https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DJr27...sp=sharing
Wow you have almost EXACT same spec as me CPU/GPU wise, what driver are you running - version i mean; i'd avoid beta's.
Was running 361.43 and just tried updating to 361.75, still the same. Full screen window: silky smooth ui. True fullscreen: choppy 24/30fps looking ui.
I didn't understand why you provide the logs in true fullscreen mode if an issue exists in windowed mode? Did you compare GPU usage in both modes via GPU-Z as I reqested?
The issue IS in true fullscreen, that's when the UI is choppy, that's why I provided those logs. The UI is fine in full screen window, but that's not what I want to use. On Isengard I used true fullscreen and got 60fps. I upgraded, changed no settings, and now with true fullscreen I get 24/30fps looking UI.

I have not tried comparing with GPU-Z I will download after dinner and test, in debug I can see FPS dipping in true fullscreen and it stays 60fps in fullscreen window however.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis RC Choppy UI, Full Screen Window Only Fix0