• 3(current)
Jarvis RC Choppy UI, Full Screen Window Only Fix
I'll go drop back to a driver i know works 100% and get back to you, i got 5 dropped frames and 7 skipped and PC=1 (Not sure about that) but in windowed full screen none and thats with a very good rip around 35gb and high mb/s.
you will get a couple drops when u first start the video, the test is to leave it running a few mins to see if there are more drops
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
Ok im not 100% on that i just found it strange nothing in windowed and those results in true fullscreen and i must say true fullscreen looked better or my eyes are playing tricks.

Leaving it running for 10 mins on both modes before i roll back then i'll test again and reply to you, seems worthwhile since im sure i noticed a quality increase.
Hmm strange one gotoman went bacl tp 359.06 which worked a treat for me in the past and its actually worse in true fullscreen but perfect in windowed fullscreen so im at a loss.

Maybe you should raise a ticket and at stacktrace and crashlog (.dmp) and a debug log, i notice this does not happen on v17 krypton and thats even when going back to the latest driver 361.75
Ticket for bug added here:

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16575
leia nightly / nvidia shield / win 10 64-bit | 16gb ddr4 | intel i7-7700k | titan x pascal
Nice one hopefully get somewhere, excuse my typing before was eating my tea Smile

Try 17 in portable mode see if it works for you (Kodi.exe -p) in a separate dir from your real install.
How many times I should ask you try compare GPU usage via GPU-Z in both modes and in both version 15 and 16? How do you detect frame drops in GUI? What value has the vsync setting in the driver control panel?
(2016-02-07, 22:27)afedchin Wrote: How many times I should ask you try compare GPU usage via GPU-Z in both modes and in both version 15 and 16? How do you detect frame drops in GUI? What value has the vsync setting in the driver control panel?

Until Derek mentioned it I wasn't aware I could run a portable install and didn't want to clean install back to 15. I will try a portable install of 15 shortly and test both and give results. You can see framerdrops in the GUI with debug on. Vsync is set to use application setting and its set to always on in Kodi.
Yeh portable mode is the 5h1t i have kodi 15.2, 16 rc3, 16 rc3 DSPlayer and 17 installed all independant of each other its awesome for testing,
(2016-02-07, 22:30)gotoman00 Wrote: You can see framerdrops in the GUI with debug on.
The fps which is displayed in debug mode is not a real fps. It only indicates how frequently something changed in GUI. If you enable RSS feed in Confluence you should see fps which is closer to real but it still will be not a real.

We are still waiting your finding about GPU usage.
Agree GPU-Z is very helpful and realtime, i keep CPU-Z, GPU-Z, HWMonitor, CoreTemp, RealTemp, Speedfan and Aida64 extreme for all debuging of fans, temps and such like.
Altho my GPU load running around a 23mb/s movie is only 5% to 7% throughout and i have almost exact spec as you do, thats using GPU-Z as the tool.

Also video engine load tops at 6%, any other settings you want just ask.
(2016-02-07, 23:02)Derek Wrote: Agree GPU-Z is very helpful and realtime, i keep CPU-Z, GPU-Z, HWMonitor, CoreTemp, RealTemp, Speedfan and Aida64 extreme for all debuging of fans, temps and such like.
You want to watch out for windows 10 then. It might remove CPU-Z, a free utility from Intel, and AMD Catalyst Control Center for tweaking Radeon cards among the apps being removed? Other apps affected are CCleaner, Intel WiDi Remote, Speccy, and the Cisco VPN.at least according to this article below. Kinda off topic... but pertain to your words.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/3010...pying.html
Thanks for that PatK
here is the gpu-z log, first ran kodi 15 in portable mode with true fullscreen and everything looks fine in the UI, then loaded kodi 16 rc3 with true fullscreen in regular mode and back to choppy UI again.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8DJr27...sp=sharing
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis RC Choppy UI, Full Screen Window Only Fix0