StereoScopic 3D Bug
I've had this bug on nearly all 3D content I've tried playing on Kodi. I went back to version 15 and it's still present.

3D videos seem to show an unaltered video stream (e.g. both eyes) on the left eye of any output format. It does the same thing in "2D" mode. Like so:

Unfortunately, however, it might be an issue with Intel graphics.

System Info:

System: Dell XPS 12 9250 (4K model)
Graphics: Intel Graphics 515 (Skylake Core M) (Latest drivers installed)
I still have no idea why people buy PC's with intel GFX but anyway can you use 3d outside kodi?
(2016-02-26, 04:06)MukiDA Wrote: Unfortunately, however, it might be an issue with Intel graphics.
Stereo type of your movie detected wrong (perhaps wrong name). As I can see at the sceenshot your movie has OverUnder stereo type but detected as SideBySide. This causes wrong output. Do not confuse between stereo type of movie and stereo output mode.
(2016-02-26, 22:27)afedchin Wrote: Stereo type of your movie detected wrong (perhaps wrong name). As I can see at the sceenshot your movie has OverUnder stereo type but detected as SideBySide. This causes wrong output. Do not confuse between stereo type of movie and stereo output mode.

My apologies; the issue shows up either way (added a 2nd screenshot with T-A-B set). Kodi will actually convert SBS to TAB and vice-versa (albiet with a significant but expected hit in graphical quality due to the effective resampling), and the behavior works just fine on a Raspberry Pi, my Macbook Pro (AMD M370x), and desktop PC at home (Nvidia 760 GTX). It's only on the intel chip that the issue arises.

(2016-02-26, 05:49)Derek Wrote: I still have no idea why people buy PC's with intel GFX but anyway can you use 3d outside kodi?

Ah, it was a tablet; options with Nvidia in that particlar arena are rather limited. Indeed, I can see 3D properly in Stereoscopic Player and Bino. Nothing but conjecture on my part, but it might be that whatever mapping trick Kodi is using to "spit" the two eye regions is failing on the first eye. I'm guessing there's some type of "masking" feature that works fine on most dedicated cards but doesn't exist in some Intel drivers (and the right eye probably uses a different method).
Yeah i see and i think even with an nvidia card it would still have an intel aswell weird one built into the mboard!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
StereoScopic 3D Bug0