Beta version of kodi 17
I have installed the beta version of kodi on kit kat on m8s box
Once installed it does its installing first time message then black screen, then back to android page on m8s box. Any ideas why this does not work ? Can kodi 17 work on kit Kat ?
... use any build from 3/11 or prior; Android support is temporarily suspended. Changes to the master branch have broken the latest builds. (on Android)

I recommend this build:

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/androi...bi-v7a.apk
I'm not sure if that is true. I have been running the nightlies and have had no issues. I'm currently using the latest (kodi-20160319-81fc042-master-armeabi-v7a.apk) and it is working great. I'm using an Nvidia Shield TV with M so there might be issues on other devices/versions of Android.
Anyone tried Kodi 17 Alpha on Mygica? I had some issues with that version. I can't run Kodi 17 on Mygica 582. Kodi crushing all the time. In previous versions of Kodi 17 alpha (some 2 weeks ago) Kodi started but I had some strange sound issues (for example, voice is getting faster or slowing). In last alpha versions of Kodi 17 it's impossible to start Kodi. I done clearing cache in Kodi, also I cleaned mygica with Cleaner but without luck. Kodi 16 and Kodi 16 RC works without any problem. Any help?

P.S. I have installed kodi 17 from previous post, but there is another sound problem. Voice is strange, it looks like voice is going faster. Did you have hardware acceleration on or off? Also, could you tell me your sound settings in kodi?
(2016-03-19, 17:02)movd Wrote: I'm not sure if that is true. I have been running the nightlies and have had no issues. I'm currently using the latest (kodi-20160319-81fc042-master-armeabi-v7a.apk) and it is working great. I'm using an Nvidia Shield TV with M so there might be issues on other devices/versions of Android.

It's true; tried on several versions/chipsets, Shield has better support from Kodi - but - that's intentional. There's actually been several threads and much discussion about the lack of an Android maintainer on the Kodi team since Koying's departure.
(2016-03-20, 04:51)shomari Wrote:
(2016-03-19, 17:02)movd Wrote: I'm not sure if that is true. I have been running the nightlies and have had no issues. I'm currently using the latest (kodi-20160319-81fc042-master-armeabi-v7a.apk) and it is working great. I'm using an Nvidia Shield TV with M so there might be issues on other devices/versions of Android.

It's true; tried on several versions/chipsets, Shield has better support from Kodi - but - that's intentional. There's actually been several threads and much discussion about the lack of an Android maintainer on the Kodi team since Koying's departure.
Bullshit. We simply follow official Android. If you bought a device that doesn't follow you're out of luck.

None of my android devices fail.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta version of kodi 170