Bug Incorrect color-range in Kodi 16.0
Black clipping occurs when I changed to latest version from 15.x
Never been a problem since they introduced the 16-235 range feature in the application, until now.

I'm using late Nvidia WHQL drivers for my GTX 780 and Windows 10.

I'm also using a European Panasonic St50 plasma, which means there are no ways to change the color-settings in the actual tv. Your bound to limited color range.

To get right black levels I usually set the RGB range to 0-255 in the nvidia driver settings, and to 16-235 in Kodi.

The thing is it doesn't work in 16.0, and I hade to roll back to 15.2
See my thread:

Kodi 16.0 Limited Color Range plus DXVA2 = levels expansion plus compression

As I said there, you should be able to avoid the problem by disabling DXVA2. There are actually several problems in Kodi 16 due to the switch to DX11, and this is just one of them. I also copied my post to the main thread on that:

Work in Progress - Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
Thanks!

So you're still using 15.2 and DXVA2 over 16.0 and no DXVA2?
@hype
maybe its a good idea to post this issue in dx11 development thread. at the moment it seems the development concerning this issue has stoped, so it seems at the moment kodi 17 will behave like kodi 16 concerning color range. in the developmentthread there is a testversion that works for me. developer afedchin needs someone how can test this with nvidia hardware. maybe you can ask there to upload this testversion again and you can test and post your results there.
@Ed76
Yeah good point! Did as you suggested.
(2016-04-10, 11:54)hybe Wrote: Thanks!

So you're still using 15.2 and DXVA2 over 16.0 and no DXVA2?

Yep. In the brief time I tried 16, I also noticed an issue with thumbnails being blank in some views, so it wasn't a hard decision. One good thing that came out of this is that I learned about Kodi's -p option, which lets you have independent side-by-side instances of Kodi. That is, you can install Kodi to another directory, add -p to the shortcut used to launch it, and it will store the userdata under that directory instead of messing with your primary installation. Moreover, if you copy your userdata folder from your primary installation there, Kodi will use it as if you upgraded your main installation. This makes it very easy to do a trial run of an upgrade.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect color-range in Kodi 16.00