• 1(current)
Android MXQ Box
Hi,

I got this message while trying to update " check Failed! check your OTA Servier Argent" does anyone know how this can be fixed?

Thanks!
Question. How does this relate to Kodi in any shape or form? If I'm not mistaken your trying to update your MXQ Box. This is a forum for support of Kodi.

Sent from my SGH-I337M
I too get this message. It relates to Kodi because I get this message when attempting to perform a Kodi update check from within Kodi/Programs/Android apps/UPDATE&BACKUP/Online update

Any ideas gratefully received
Why don't you update KODI from Play Store? I have MXQ box and updated KODI w/o problems from Google Play.....
I am very new to MXQ/Android environment and was looking for a way to backup the Kodi environment to a USB stick & came accross the update check in UPDATE&BACKUP..

Will try Play Store although my primary aim is still back up and that doesn'y work in UPDATE&BACKUO either as I get "External Storage Cait be Removed at thiis Moment".

Have to say this environment is a bit quirky and nothing like anything I have been used to.
The Update & Backup function on the MXQ box is related to the firmware of the MXQ box, not Kodi.
I've never seen that work so far LOL..
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
In which case the Update&Backup screen should say what the Online Update is checking and backing up.
Bottom line is still that it's unrelated to Kodi.
Contact your box vendor for support on this (if any)
My mistake I guess.
I have the OTT TV Box (MXQ Pro). My wifi shows connected with good excellent signal strength. When I go into Kodi and try to open an add on it does one of two things. 1. "Working" icon shows for 30 seconds then goes away and nothing happens. 2. I get an error message saying no network connection. I also can not open any web browsers. Is it the box?
Yes it is. Wifi is barely working on this crap. Also for those who don"t know yet... copy -paste on most apps not working. You just can't paste copied text, for example you can't copy - paste password to login on website.

I strongly recommend to avoid this crap... waste of time
(2016-05-30, 17:46)nickbatch Wrote: I am very new to MXQ/Android environment and was looking for a way to backup the Kodi environment to a USB stick & came accross the update check in UPDATE&BACKUP..

If you want to backup Kodi to USB or SD card, then use the Backup add-on from the default add ons included within Kodi itself.

Quote:To install this add-on you must do so from the Add-on manager from within Kodi by going to:
Settings
Add-ons
Install from repository (v15/v16) / Get add-ons (v14)
Kodi add-on repository
Program Add-ons
Backup
Install
(2016-05-31, 21:26)giaur Wrote: Yes it is. Wifi is barely working on this crap. Also for those who don"t know yet... copy -paste on most apps not working. You just can't paste copied text, for example you can't copy - paste password to login on website.

I strongly recommend to avoid this crap... waste of time

I'll never understand people that call something "crap"... Makes you feel better or what? This box is great, it works just fine. The only thing is that it could have more RAM, but even with 1Gb it works just fine. It came rooted, I was able to remove all bloatware and it plays music, films, everything. I was also able to update KODI from Google Play, no problems.
Great... with not working Copy-Paste... and ota updates server not existing anymore... and max wifi transfer approx 2 Mbps - tested 0.5m distance from router. About Ram, 1 GB... ok, Motorola Moto E, cyangoenmod 13 has 1 MB Ram and it's enough.
I think I can speak for the vast majority of people providing support here when I say that if you bought your box off ebay and it came with some weird version of messed up Kodi with all kinds of mostly broken addons pre-installed, then it technically qualifies as crap. And that seems to be the case for any search for "MXQ" on ebay.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MXQ Box0