• 4(current)
Android MXQ Box
(2016-06-10, 15:24)stefansaraev Wrote: are you serious ?
(2016-06-10, 11:12)stefansaraev Wrote: perhaps we should have "banned hardware" section in our wiki, with MXQ on top of the list.
Are you?
(2016-06-10, 15:28)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-06-10, 11:12)stefansaraev Wrote: perhaps we should have "banned hardware" section in our wiki, with MXQ on top of the list.
Are you?

absolutely, and it has nothing to do with some imaginary "chosen few", americans and democracy.
That's what I wondered when they started using words like "crap", "shitty" etc....
(2016-06-10, 15:31)stefansaraev Wrote: absolutely, and it has nothing to do with some imaginary "chosen few", americans and democracy.

Oh, it does, believe me...
(2016-06-10, 15:31)stefansaraev Wrote:
(2016-06-10, 15:28)trogggy Wrote:
Are you?

absolutely
How would you go about deciding which hardware was verboten?
I told you, they're the chosen ones, they know everything...
(2016-06-10, 15:42)DaLanik Wrote: I told you, they're the chosen ones, they know everything...
You think this is helpful?
This is becoming tiresome.

@DaLanik please take a time-out and cool off a bit to consider your attitude, before one is enforced on you.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-06-10, 12:35)giaur Wrote: Create official openelec build for MXQ hardware.

Yes please.
(2016-06-10, 15:36)DaLanik Wrote:
(2016-06-10, 15:31)stefansaraev Wrote: absolutely, and it has nothing to do with some imaginary "chosen few", americans and democracy.

Oh, it does, believe me...

Fun fact, the majority of Team Kodi is from Europe. By country, Germany. Last year's Kodi developer conference was actually held in your city, Prague. It was a beautiful city.

Most of the people who are calling hardware such as this "crap" are not American, but by all means, keep insulting my country. A retarded orange man might become president here and burn the whole thing down anyways.
Actually you create any "banned" list, hardware, software. This means nothing, because nothing is banned for real and can't be
for banned addons, we actively refuse any support here.

EDIT: btw, can anyone point me at an online shop, that ships worldwide, where I can buy "not fully loaded" mxq / mxq pro, if it's really that good, I definitely want to buy one
Only hardware is good. But system is piece of shit, bloated and not optimized, so overall it's barely usable.
ok, I already heard hardware is good, I want to try kodi on it, so

1. is there any shop where I can buy it, but I dont want to be "fully loaded". manufacturer's own website/shop preferred.
2. if any, what level of support I can expect from the seller, will they make an android 5+ image for me (or other buyers that will ask very soon for it). because imo, android 4.4 is absolutely unacceptable for a "tv" box.

who is the manufacturer, btw ?
I recently (as in it arrived about 3 days ago) bought a Beelink mini mxiii from China - mainly to see what these cheap boxes are all about. It's not an mxq but the same difference. It came with a clean kodi from the play store, a dodgy 'kodi-mate' app that would install add-ons if you so desired, nothing else dodgy that I remember (although I did a big wipe so can't be sure). Personally that doesn't bother me - I can see it's just how the market is, no seller is going to go out of their way to ignore the biggest market section for these boxes.
Anyway I wiped kodi, removed kodi-mate, re-installed from the play store, stuck openelec on the sd-card, re-configured the remote to a pivos harmony profile, installed a couple of versions of spmc, some android games, played with some android root apps, set up rebooting between android and linux - next step is to try a proper linux distro.
It's a £25 toy to play with and so far I'm having fun.
Banned? I guess you can do what you want - the original xbmp development would probably be banned in the same spirit.

If you want to go out of your way to be offended then you can. But the boxes are just hardware - it's what you do with them that matters.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MXQ Box0