Novice needing information on using MPC audio
I'm extremely new to Kodi XBMC (only discovered it yesterday), so I still have a ton to learn, but so far it has been exactly what i have been looking for.

However before this I was using MPC-HC x64. I have a Yamaha RX-V675 7.2 Channel receiver. I have spent quite a lot of time with MPC tweaking and retweaking the audio settings in MPC to get them sounding the way I like them, to where the voices are crystal clear, and the surround sound feels dynamic.

So now I am loving this XBMC (especially the way it scrapes and gathers all my movie info and posters) but the one thing I don't love is that playing movies through it means I am back to square one on the audio. The voices sound muffled and the music sounds too loud and distorted.

Is there any way to be able to use XBMC, but somehow run the audio through MPC instead? Or even use MPC when playing movies through XBMC? I basically love the program and want to use it, but I want it to sound like I am playing it through MPC. Is this possible?
You can specify use of another media player with KODI:
External players
Thanks again! that looks like a lot to take in but hopefully after a thorough read I can figure it out.
Simply put, it uses a file: playercorefactory.xml, which resides in userdata folder to specify location of the other player you want to use and the files it applies to.
I think I have it all setup correctly now, I had to adjust the path from the default file because my MPC is in a different place but I think I have it. If it's working correctly is there any sort of indication or prompt?
Nevermind, I just got it. When you go to play a movie an option "play using" pops up and then you can choose. Awesome. Thank you so much for the help!
It still has the regular player (dvd player) set as default. MPC must always be selected every time. Is there anyway to make MPC the default?
Nevermind....figured that one out too. I feel smarter! Smile

Thanks again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Novice needing information on using MPC audio0