Kids Episode Compilations
Hi,
Recently the PC I had running Plex died (HDD) so I've taken the plunge setting up Kodi (which I avoided last time opting for Plex).
I have switched to Aeon Nox and setup smart playlists so home page has Movies, TV Shows, Kids Movies, Kids TV etc.
Having problems with Kids TV - I have a mix of individual TV episodes, and episode compilations captured from our DVDs. In Plex this was reasonably easy to get going. For instance "Dora the Explorer"
1. Folder "Dora the Explorer"
2. Files named "Dora the Explorer - S00E101 - Big Sister Dora.mp4" etc
3. In the file the Title is "Big Sister Dora DVD"
Plex would pull the correct artwork for the TV Show "Dora the Explorer" and then display the episode as 101 under Specials with the title "Big Sister Dora DVD" and a frame captured from the video
How can I achieve a similar result with Kodi (without creating lots of .nfo files)??
The closest I get is setting Kodi to show empty folders which will then create the TV show and artwork for "Dora the Explorer" but it will have no episodes.
According to thetvdb, Big Sister Dora is Epsiode 7 from season 4.

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid...2087&lid=7
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I probably posted a poor example. That DVD compilation does include an episode of the same name. But a number of the other DVD compilations don't.
So back to the initial question - is it possible to include files that won't have a match in thetvdb? (as Plex apparently can)
I recently did something similar with The Big Bang Blu-rays I have. I wanted the Extras to show up in the season folder view, so I manual found a Specials Folder Artwork and made the .nfo files for the Episodes the format was ex.

The Big Bang Theory "parent Folder"

Season 00 "this will make them show as Specails"

folder.jpg
banner.jpg 'These are the Season artwork"

The Big Bang Theory.S00E01 - Gag Reels.m2ts
The Big Bang Theory.S00E01 - Gag Reels.nfo
The Big Bang Theory.S00E01 - Gag Reels-thumb.jpg "this is the set up for the episodes that are not on thetvdb you have to do manually"

Hope this helps
Hi smitchell6879 thanks for the reply.
I decided to "bite the bullet" in the end and wrote a script to search through my Kids TV library and create .nfo files for any episodes with S00E[1-9][0-9][0-9] (ie. the DVD compilations) and extract the tv show name, episode number and episode(DVD) name into the .nfo files.
A bit of a PITA to be honest, but its done now. Shame there isn't a built-in way of doing this more easily.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kids Episode Compilations0