Android Bring back XBMC 13.2-Gotham's "appearance" of volume control
I know the issue of the volume control on android has been discussed ad nauseam but what I want to propose is that whatever is decided to do on the backend (which I think settled on using the same volume management for both kodi and system) the appearance should look and behave like the one present on XBMC 13.2-Gotham. Right now (Kodi 16.1) when the volume is increased or decreased the system volume control pops up (which depending on your system can be ugly or not.. unlike 13.2 which looked fine) AND it brings up the android soft key bar (http://i.imgur.com/7KeTREh.png) which it's very annoying since it further blocks the image and distracts you from what you're watching. It is also not very easy to dismiss if you're using an android TV box instead of a phone or tablet. I think that the android soft key bar shouldn't be brought up when the volume is changed, like it behaved on xbmc 13.2.

I'm sorry if I have missed one development or two in this front but I have read about the whole situation from time to time while following the development of previous versions of kodi. Again, I want to clarify that I'm not trying to start the technical argument once again, I'm strictly speaking about changing the appearance of the volume management. Any comment on this would be appreciated.
I use Kodi 16.1 and Minix Box and there's No problems with double volume controls which it was in 15.2 I believe.
(2016-05-24, 19:52)Rivermeadow Wrote: I use Kodi 16.1 and Minix Box and there's No problems with double volume controls which it was in 15.2 I believe.

I know, and as I said in the post that is not what this is about. This is about the appearance and behaviour of the volume control, mainly about considering disabling how it brings up the android soft keys at the bottom every time you change the volume.
So you mean that the normal hidden soft keys show up every time you adjust the volume? Strange, not for me here. Sorry for reading your post a little to fast.
(2016-05-24, 20:03)Rivermeadow Wrote: So you mean that the normal hidden soft keys show up every time you adjust the volume? Strange, not for me here. Sorry for reading your post a little to fast.

No worries.

Interesting, they are definitely being brought up here. I wonder which one is the intended behaviour... depending on which is it I may have to file a bug report instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bring back XBMC 13.2-Gotham's "appearance" of volume control0