How to force RP 2 to connect to Receiver
If I turn on my receiver, then turn on the PI 2 it will connect ok.

If I turn on the RP 2, then turn on the receiver then nothing happens.

Is there a way to force the RP 2 to always connect to the receiver.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#T...d_on_first
(2016-06-02, 21:30)ActionA Wrote: http://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi_FAQ#T...d_on_first

Bugger, that's a shame, thanks for the info.
A shame? The link I provided gave instructions for overcoming your issue.
(2016-06-02, 23:23)ActionA Wrote: A shame? The link I provided gave instructions for overcoming your issue.

Sorry, I miss-read your reply.

Thanks for the info but I am not sure how to use "Raspberry Pi EDID locker" could you give me a little help there please.
You don't have to, just run the commands.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-06-03, 11:55)nickr Wrote: You don't have to, just run the commands.

So do I copy rpi-edid-lock.sh to the sd card and run it from there
(2016-06-03, 11:55)nickr Wrote: You don't have to, just run the commands.

So do I copy rpi-edid-lock.sh to the sd card and try to run it from there (sorry for all the questions but I am a newby to all this)
Personally I'd just ignore the line about rpi-edid-lock and just run the commands described up to that point.
That last line has been added recently and I'm not sure it really simplifies things unless you are frequently switching displays.
Thanks for that

So where do I run

Run: sudo tvservice -d edid.dat (after booting with TV/receiver powered on first)
ssh in to LibreELEC and type it in. Note with OpenELEC/LibreELEC you should omit the "sudo" form start of commands.
Well I ran tvservice -d edid.dat (I have ooenelec) but where does the edid.dat file appear
In the current directory.
Sorry to sound dense but where is that please
When you ssh in you are in root's home directory, which in libreelec is /storage/

Just type ls and you'll list the current directory.
pwd means print working directory, it will print what dir you are in.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to force RP 2 to connect to Receiver0