Best TV
I have a Fire Stick with Kodi and I wanted to know if there is a particular brand of TV which is good to use with the FS and Kodi. Obviously, I know that to use FS most TVs with HDMI will work. Currently, I am using an old Vizio TV which the HDMI ports are in the back. This TV doesn't have any USB ports. I am looking for a TV with usb ports and HDMI. I want the FS to get good reception when it is connected to the TV. Also, I am looking for a TV that when you turn off the TV, it doesn't turn off the Fire Stick.

Does anyone have any recommendations on TVs to use with the Fire Stick?
Moved to hardware.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-06-06, 21:18)jkbmjp Wrote: This TV doesn't have any USB ports. I am looking for a TV with usb ports and HDMI. I want the FS to get good reception when it is connected to the TV. Also, I am looking for a TV that when you turn off the TV, it doesn't turn off the Fire Stick.
Sounds like you're looking for a TV w/a powered USB port that stays alive after TV is turned off. Just my opinion, but that's giving a lot of importance to a lowly feature when screen size, PQ, 4K, etc. matter a whole lot more for a new TV. Also, you're more likely to keep whatever TV you buy longer than your media player. Just connect your FTV stick to wall outlet, and do cable management and you never need to look back there Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
AFAIK pretty much every TV the usbs stay powered when you put in into standby, obviously off at the wall turns them off. My LG ones always have. Pretty much every modern TV has usb ports now as well.

I have no idea what you mean about reception, do you mean wi-fi reception?
(2016-06-06, 21:18)jkbmjp Wrote: Also, I am looking for a TV that when you turn off the TV, it doesn't turn off the Fire Stick.

A Fire Stick power supply is rated to 1 Amp. Most TV USB outputs are only 0.5 Amp (USB 2.0).
IF you an find a TV with USB 3.0 then it can supply 1 Amp to the Fire Stick.

It is much easier to plug in the Fire Stick seperately. How to do this:

- Get a separate USB Power Supply (like one from a phone).
- Get a 2meter Micro USB cable ($1 on ebay)
- Wrap the USB power wire around the TV Power wire. Use some black tape. Done.
- Then you just need 2 power sockets (or a power board).
If your TV has two USB ports you can get a cable splitter that can take power from both and supply it to a single socket for the AFTV, keeps things much neater.
(2016-06-07, 19:52)joelbaby Wrote:
(2016-06-06, 21:18)jkbmjp Wrote: Also, I am looking for a TV that when you turn off the TV, it doesn't turn off the Fire Stick.

A Fire Stick power supply is rated to 1 Amp. Most TV USB outputs are only 0.5 Amp (USB 2.0).
IF you an find a TV with USB 3.0 then it can supply 1 Amp to the Fire Stick.

It is much easier to plug in the Fire Stick seperately. How to do this:

- Get a separate USB Power Supply (like one from a phone).
- Get a 2meter Micro USB cable ($1 on ebay)
- Wrap the USB power wire around the TV Power wire. Use some black tape. Done.
- Then you just need 2 power sockets (or a power board).

Odd mine worked fine on an old TV that only had usb 2.0.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best TV0