Clean library on update
Greetings,

An option to "Clean library on update" would be very welcome. It would be quite handy not having to separately clean the library every time you make changes (e.g. (re)move files) inside the library and an update is necessary anyway.

I don't think having to install a third-party addon would be the cleanest solution here. I can't imagine I'm the only one who'd enable the option if it's available out of the box, and the relatively simple code for this option wouldn't exactly be clutter (so I suppose it would be easy to implement).

The best place for the option "Clean library on update" would be in the list of options at Settings -> Video -> Library, and it would go somewhere before "Update library on startup".

Thank you for making Kodi as it is today, we use it a lot and we're very happy with it.

Kind regards,

Albert
See cleanonupdate: http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml#videolibrary
Excellent, so the functionality itself is already there. But it still requires the end user having to create a settings file and look up the correct XML syntax for it.

Why not add the front-end option to turn this on/off in Settings -> Video -> Library? Or perhaps my question becomes why it isn't enabled by default, since I can't imagine anyone wanting to keep dead library items.

Kind regards,

Albert
If people keep some media on removable drives (USB for example) or even on network that isn't always available, then such a configuration would remove it all from the library when they may not actually want to do so, just update what is actually accessible.

I have such a configuration, my travelling Pi Zero has a few movies on its uSD card, but my library there also includes my 4TB MyPassport drive, which only gets connected when I want to watch something from it.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'm all for adding it to a GUI setting, as long as it has a stern warning and is under advanced or expert for the settings level. However, others are more worried about it, which is fair.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean library on update0