Need help, weird view inside folder
So I will try to sum up my problem as concisely as I can. I have the Amber skin which allows me to make custom home menu items. I have a ton of Horror related tv shows so I made a home menu item called "TerrorVision" which links directly to my horror tv folder. Once inside thats where the problem arises. For this example let's use "American Horror Story" to demonstrate my issue.

American horror story has many seasons. So in my horror tv folder I have a folder called "American Horror Story". Inside of that folder are several more entitled Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, etc. Now when I click on the generic "Tv Shows" menu item and click on "American Horror Story" it takes me to the next menu and shows Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 all with poster views of each season, which is exactly what i want it to do. I like that look.

However when I click on "TerrorVision" and then on the American Horror Story poster it once again takes me to the next sub menu with Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, but instead of the nice looking poster view, I instead have the scrunched down episode view that is typically a still shot of the episode. However instead it is trying to show the posters, but it is showing them chopped down to that weird size and severely low res. I will post pictures below this to show what I mean.

It also isn't showing any of the banner art or anything else. It seems to be permanently locked into thumbnail view.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It looks awful and I have no idea what is going on. Any help would be very much appreciated.

It seems like this is happening when I access my files and there is a folder within a folder. Such as a show with season folders inside that. It treats the folders like episodes and forces the squashed thumbnail view.

Why would it do this when looking through it in file mode, but when I go to the tv shows menu it is the same thing but it works fine?
I have multiple Horror movies that are grouped by collection without that issue occurring. For instance I have a "Nightmare On Elm Street" folder, and inside of that there are a ton of nightmare on elm street movies and they display as a poster just like they should. It must be the fact that having a folder inside a folder is throwing it off, but even so why would it work normally then? Just not in file mode.

I could try to do a test and dump all of the episodes for a show into a single folder and see what happens, but I def don't want to have to do that with all of them. I like they way they are organized. I basically just want it to treat the files like it does in the "Tv Shows" menu option
Sounds like some of the TV Shows are being treated as movies, vs TV shows. In the source ensure you have TV shows in the scraper and all it's hierocracy in the season folder that the scraper is (ensure you have ticked posters). If you don't supply posters for the seasons, thumbs will be used. In the skin ensure TV shows use posters, and that posters are retrieved within Kodi or artwork downloader. This might be a skin default issue.
I can confirm that all of the tv folders and sub folders are all set up as TV scrapers. I cannot seem to find the "prefer posters" option anywhere. I know that when viewing tv shows with the "Tv Shows" menu all appears correct. It's only in file mode that they do this thumbnail default.

If it is a skin issue where do I go to configure it?
It sounds to me like the difference between library view (through your tv tab) and file view (via your terror vision shortcut).
To get the library view you could make a smart playlist - eg using path, starts with - and use the path of your horror tv folder.
Then link to that playlist on the home screen.
Okay, ill try that. That sounds like itt'd probably work.
Quote:If it is a skin issue where do I go to configure it?
settings>skin settings>misc options>TV Shows use poster (this function might be skin dependant), but as noted file maintenance mode vs Library mode.
Ok my new issue is how do I add the correct path to the smart playlist? I have tried using the name of the folder, and I have tried selecting "path" and then entering the exact path, but both times I get a playlist with the correct name, but nothing at all inside of it.
(2016-06-12, 01:40)PatK Wrote:
Quote:If it is a skin issue where do I go to configure it?
settings>skin settings>misc options>TV Shows use poster (this function might be skin dependant), but as noted file maintenance mode vs Library mode.

Yep it must be skin dependant because with Amber there is no option for that, which seems a bit head scratching
(2016-06-12, 03:36)Myrothe Wrote: Ok my new issue is how do I add the correct path to the smart playlist? I have tried using the name of the folder, and I have tried selecting "path" and then entering the exact path, but both times I get a playlist with the correct name, but nothing at all inside of it.
Can you post it here? It'll be in userdata > playlists > video - open it with a text editor (eg notepad) and copy / paste.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name></name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>G:\Movie Time\Horror Series\</value>
</rule>
</smartplaylist>

I don't get it. I have tried doing "Path is", "Path begins with", "Path contains", all linking to the Horror Series folder, no matter what I do I just end up with an empty menu item that opens into nothing
Nevermind, I just realized by looking at this that i had it selected as Movies when it was in fact TV. I switched it and now it works, and it works like it should. Thanks everyone for the help. You taught me something and I appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help, weird view inside folder0