Kodi not loading
I've looked around and have not seen this issue but if there is another thread please direct me to it.

I have been using Kodi on our Fire TV for weeks and it worked great. Suddenly today I went to use it and it will not work. I've tried reinstalling Kodi to make sure I have the most recent version (16.1 is what we have), unplugging the firetv box and going to the home screen and back several times. Most times I just get a black screen. Sometimes I get to the screen that says Kodi and has the logo. The furthest I've gotten is the blue bubble background and it sounds like the curser is moving around but I see nothing.

Any suggestions? how do I fix this? thanks so much in advance!
Tried clearing the cache and force stopping Kodi in Android settings?

Are you using the official Kodi APK from kodi.tv?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
ETA I also did a force stop and cleared the cache
(2016-08-05, 18:07)Dangelus Wrote: Tried clearing the cache and force stopping Kodi in Android settings?

Are you using the official Kodi APK from kodi.tv?

sorry I posted my ETA at the same time... yes I tried force stop and clearing the cache.

Kodi is directly from Kodi.tv
How much free space left on the stick?
1.56 gb of 5.60 gb
It's getting to the blue circles screen more frequently and I can hear the cursor moving but I don't see anything
It may be worth considering a factory reset on the stick then re-installing.
darn... i was hoping I wouldn't have to reinstall everything and lose all the add ons.

thank you for all your help. much appreciated
No problem. Sounds like there is an issue or conflict somewhere and a reset will be the quickest way of finding out.
I deleted the data from kodi and now it is loading. so it does seem like something that was installed was causing an issue.

hopefully I can avoid having it happen again. thanks!
(2016-08-05, 18:23)bucksco3433 Wrote: I deleted the data from kodi and now it is loading. so it does seem like something that was installed was causing an issue.

hopefully I can avoid having it happen again. thanks!

Ah I had assumed you already tried this as you said you reinstalled Kodi. Did you not uninstall it first? Deleting the data is just like having a fresh Kodi install yes.

Glad you got it working.
oh sorry, I meant I downloaded and installed the new kodi to get the newer version... I think I had a prior version. Wrong terminology.

thanks again!!
and no I didn't uninstall first... I was hoping I could install over the old version to fix it without losing everything. wishful thinking
You probably had a dodgy add-on that caused problems. You are of course free to install what you like on your system but many 3rd party add-ons can be badly coded and cause problems. Not to mention they may have legal issues.

As you're new, if you haven't already familiarised yourself with the forum rules please do so. It will save you running into problems on the forum later and explains what we do and do not support / discuss here.

Good luck Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not loading0