Text Area Auto Scroll
Hello XBMC Team and community,

Would it possible to have a value added to the text area control for in xml skinning, that scrolls through the text by itself/automatically.

Thanks in advance
I would also find this handy to use in my XinBox script, where the email preview scrolls.
if added would be nice to have a delay and scroll speed...eg delayed for 4secs at start with an area full of text then scroll at .3 lines per second
Maybe something like this:
Code:
<control type="textbox">
    <autoscroll>true</autoscroll>
    <delay>4</delay>
</control>

Autoscroll is defined with true or false, and delay in seconds or milliseconds.

That would be nice, or is it not possible? Sad
Any dev keen to see this happen?
i would find this very usefull myself. and, I assume millisiseconds <delay>4000</delay> would be more appropriate since thats what just about everything else in the skinning engine uses

<control type="textbox">
<autoscroll>true</autoscroll>
<linespersecond>.5</linespersecond>
<delay>4000</delay>
</control>

maybe something like that for the the speed too
thumbs up for the feature request Smile

having a textbox automagically scroll, like labels do if theres not enough width on the control, would be very nice for skinners and scripters ..
content descriptions like the movie plot for example would benefit from it.

regards
asg
I tried to add the feature myself, couldn't make much sense of the source, but I'm not that good at C++.

Is there any Dev's that would like to add this feature, or someone else that would like to give it a go.

I really would like to see this feature in XBMC.
Quote:added: Textbox now scrolls smoothly, using <scrolltime> like panels and lists.

Thanks a lot jm! Smile could you post an example of a scrolling textbox please? Ive tested, but without any luck .. even tried to set <scroll>true</scroll> to the control.

regards
asg
It's not autoscrolling. It's smooth scrolling when you move up and down through the list.

When I have time I'll look into the possibility of autoscrolling, but I have to first consider various possibilities.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ouh. OK Smile Thanks for the reply.
It's in SVN now, you impatient sods :p

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It's in SVN now, you impatient sods :p

Cheers,
Jonathan
Thanks Jonathan!

Keep up the good work Smile
Sorry for the double post, but I have a few questions.

- Is the delay and time tag in seconds or milliseconds?
- Do they work in python scripts?
- What 'condition_to_scroll' does it react on?
I've tried condition Control.HasFocus(50), but that didn't work (was in a script though).
Also looked around in the PM3 skin and turned on the auto scroll under skin settings, set the delay on "0", but that didn't work either.
Jmarshall, you're insane!!!
Catchy Signature Here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Text Area Auto Scroll0