PAL <=> NTSC <=> HDTV switch?
Question 
hey all

wouldnt it be great to be able to switch between pal and ntsc with a click (and reboot). :d

i think this was implemented in xbmp. the thing is, when i only use the remote, i cant change pal/ntsc mode with enigmah because it needs "a" or "b" to be pressed.... Sad

switch in xbmc would be great.
yes, this was in xbmp. however, we found it caused too many problems, as users who don't know what they're doing switch it and then find they have no video. this causes support nightmares.

until a way can be done to autoswitch it back reliably, we won't implement any eeprom writing stuff - it's far too problematic.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok, i understand... Sad

keep up the good work! :d
what about that patch code from cherry that unleashx and nexgen are using?
not much point really - if you want proper 25/30 fps support and your tv can do both pal and ntsc then you could just run pal with pal60 enabled and get the same effect.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

hi

not sure how many of you switch between pal and ntsc mode but when you do you have to reset the user interface resolution each time.

my request is to suggest a setting for both pal and ntsc on user interface->resolution screen (as build 2004-06-03). so when rebooting you get the region setting automatically. or, so as not to change the skin, just have a place in settings.xml for each regions resolution.

i use enigmah to change region - maybe xmbc could do this also, but i guess this would require a skin change.

thanks
seism
i too have precisely the same annoyance and would love to see a feature like this :kickass:
can we put in the xbmc access to the video parameters that can easily be adjusted as in avalaunch's setting.  these are very use full w/ eprom write back func. all in one spot.
adding writing to the eeprom for video preferences will be added after 1.1 is out. turning the widescreen/hdtv flags will definitely be added. not sure if we're going to allow ntsc/pal switching or not - too many problems with ntsc people creating "no video output" problems.

when i go into my settings, it is not allowing me to change my resolution from ntsc to anything else.... anyone have ideas?

-mickelonis
eeeeh? Blush

don't understand the question

hrm.... not really sure how else to explain it....

from my main screen, i go to the settings menu, then interface, then where you can adjust the resolution, i should be able to select different resolutions, but it is stuck on ntsc, there are no other options...

-mickelonis
Rainbow 
(mickelonis @ oct. 21 2004,01:43 Wrote:i should be able to select different resolutions, but it is stuck on ntsc, there are no other options...
i understand the question and the answer is xbmc has never supported this, (however xbmp did), moving to feature suggestions.

for now use enigmah video switching app (don't ask where to get it) to switch between pal and ntsc (and ms dash for hdtv).
just a thought about the failsafe problem and support nightmares (or maybe this is included in jmarhalls "reliable" autoswitch?) but couldnt a similar method to the ms windows way of doing it be used. if user swithces to another system a dialog is presented stating something like:"you have switched to pal. if you want to keep it like this select yes otherwise xbmc will switch back to ntsc automaticallly in 10(, 9, 8, 7 and so on) seconds."? if users tv don't support it the dialog will never be seen and the xbox is reset.
:p thats how we (or jmarshall) is planning on inplementing it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PAL <=> NTSC <=> HDTV switch?0