v17 Crash when (re)generating thumbs in Pictures
I made the mistake of going on holidays without taking Kodi with me so Kodi was home alone for a while. It now seems to take revenge on me by crashing everytime I want to use Kodi for watching those holiday photo's I madeUndecided

I noticed some photo's were showing a black picture as thumb so I tried regenerating the thumbnails. After some time while Kodi is still creating those, Kodi suddently crashes. I have two log files of two instances where it did that:
Logfile 1
Logfile 2

The folder contains about ~1350 photo's, quite a lot but not huge methinks.
I also tried deleting the entire thumbnail folder but generating thumbs still crashes Kodi.

I know it's beta software but I hope it will be solved in the final version.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Thx for the report! I reproduced the crash. It seems to be an out of memory problem. I'll try to find a solution.
Moved to 'OS independent /other' on advice of Ace.
Thanks for looking into it.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Can you also make a trac http://trac.kodi.tv/ ticket for this to make sure we don't loose it?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I've created ticket #16990.

BTW, Using Firefox I couldn't logon to the trac site, got a "Bad Request, Missing or invalid form token" error every time. Using Google Chrome I could logon however.
The front page explains why if you have login problems
I will create a build with the workaround @Ace has made: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/WIN-32/10295/ <- that will end up in our testing folder.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-10-16, 01:11)Martijn Wrote: The front page explains why if you have login problems

Unfortunalty it doesn't. It asks me whether cookies are enabled (which is the case). The complete text is:
Code:
Error: Bad Request
Missing or invalid form token. Do you have cookies enabled?
That text appears immediately when I try to log on. In fact, I seem to have been logged on at the moment because it says so in the top right, but as soon as I click any of the menu items I get the following error text:
Code:
You are currently not logged in. You may want to do so now.
Error: Forbidden
ROADMAP_VIEW privileges are required to perform this operation. You don't have the required permissions.

For me, it's no problem since I can use another browser than Firefox. It has however discouraged me in the past to create tickets.
It might be a specific browser setting that I have so it's not worth troubleshooting this unless more people have that problem.
It does say what you need to do on the homepage.
Quote:You can login to Trac with your ​forum username and password.
Please note that both the username and password are case-sensitive.
If you get an error stating "Missing or invalid form token. Do you have cookies enabled?",
You will need to delete your cookies for both forum.kodi.tv and trac.kodi.tv
(see TRAC:16673)

How obvious can it get.
Build is up here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...ex_fix.exe

Please report what happens with that one.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks Fritsch,

I tested it with the same folder of photos and and a few others and (re)generating thumbnails seems to work fine now. If you want me to do a further test please let me know.
Sofar, this problem seems to be fixed. Many many thanks for your time and effort.
(2016-10-16, 15:23)PH-SYM Wrote: Thanks Fritsch,

I tested it with the same folder of photos and and a few others and (re)generating thumbnails seems to work fine now. If you want me to do a further test please let me know.
Sofar, this problem seems to be fixed. Many many thanks for your time and effort.
Great. You don't see any black or broken images on first look?
Do you see thumbs for those images? Can you still see the images?
Nope, there are no black images / thumbs anymore. I also checked the thumbnail folder itself for black or bad thumbs and that seems OK too. I had the same problem on another PC as well so I will check if the problem is gone there too. Sofar it seems OK.

@Martijn,
Deleting the cookies worked fine. I don't know how I missed it. Thanks for your patience and explanation/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash when (re)generating thumbs in Pictures0