Win PVR addons aren't working in Krypton Beta 4
Today I installed Kodi Krypton Beta 4 on my Windows 10 machine. When I started Kodi my PVR addon (DVBViewer) was automatically disabled. When I try to enable it I get an error message saying: "Add-on couldn't be loaded. An unknown error has occurred."

I tried to enable some other PVR addons (TVHeadend, IPTV simple client) and they gave the same error.

I installed the newest nightly build (20161024-3dc6b24) but the issue remains.

I tried older nightly builds and version 20161023-48f2dbd is the last one that is working.

Here's a link to the debug log where I try to enable the DVBViewer addon: http://pastebin.com/EBfWh5UW

My Nexus 7 tablet was automatically updated to Beta 4 from Google Play. PVR works there normally.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
I have got the same Problem

17:17:09 T:7068 ERROR: ADDON: Dll ARGUS TV client - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
17:17:11 T:7068 ERROR: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAddons - failed to create add-on ARGUS TV client, status = 6
17:17:16 T:7068 ERROR: ADDON: Dll DVBViewer Client - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
17:17:18 T:7068 ERROR: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAddons - failed to create add-on DVBViewer Client, status = 6
17:17:27 T:7068 ERROR: ADDON: Dll PVR Demo Client - Client returned bad status (6) from Create and is not usable
17:17:28 T:7068 ERROR: PVR::CPVRClients::UpdateAddons - failed to create add-on PVR Demo Client, status = 6
Hi. Same for DVBLink PVR-Addon.
KODI 20 - AEON MQ8 for NEXUS MOD
5 Clients Win11 Pro - WinServer 2016 Essentials - DVBViewer / MediaServer - 2 x DD Duoflex C2/T2 - Duoflex CI - Deltacam 2.0 Twin - Vodafone HD/Sky
Thanks for the feedback! I will not install the beta
Also the same for Vbox Tv Gateway add-on, was running fine on beta 3.

But on a plus note I am loving the new default theme, especially for TV where it displays my recorded TV and last channels.

well done guys.
Same problem with ServerWMC. Rolled back to beta 3 to fix the problem.
Oh dear, yes same problem here with beta 4 and DVBLink addon Sad

Thanks for identifying the most recent working nightly OP!
For what it's worth, MediaPortal plugin doesn't load either.
If there is a nigthly, please post it here :-)
I don't know if this was added to the blog post later or if I just missed it first time but it looks like the developers are already aware that PVR is completely broken in beta 4:

Quote:Known problems
• Upgrading the skin you are currently using fails on Windows.
• PVR and other binary addons fail load on Windows.
Let's just wait and see what happens. I guess that beta 5 will be delivered sooner than beta 4 was.
(2016-10-27, 10:24)Plantje Wrote: Let's just wait and see what happens. I guess that beta 5 will be delivered sooner than beta 4 was.

yep it will once we know exactly what the issue is the addons won't load.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-10-27, 10:13)beeswax Wrote: I don't know if this was added to the blog post later or if I just missed it first time but it looks like the developers are already aware that PVR is completely broken in beta 4:

Quote:Known problems
• Upgrading the skin you are currently using fails on Windows.
• PVR and other binary addons fail load on Windows.

yep i added it later to the release post
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Saw this in github: 10793 (PR)

I tried the new nightly KodiSetup-20161026-32df9c5-master but I still can't enable any of the PVR addons.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
Wait for the next nightly or beta 5, please.

The nightly you tried does not contain the fix.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR addons aren't working in Krypton Beta 41