PM3 cover size hight in DVD-View
hi all,

ive always found it strange that the covers in dvd view in pm3 arent limited or stretched by height, as it is now i think they are displayed with the same width. it would look much neater if they all shared the same height like in other skins (containment). is there an advanced setting that could achieve the desired look, so that it would be easier to change?

also the movie info popup has the characters going out of the box-margins in the past few tech pal builds.

thnx
yeah i was also thinkin about that..could be very nice to have all the posters in the same size Smile
smokeyfingaz Wrote:hi all,

ive always found it strange that the covers in dvd view in pm3 arent limited or stretched by height, as it is now i think they are displayed with the same width. it would look much neater if they all shared the same height like in other skins (containment). is there an advanced setting that could achieve the desired look, so that it would be easier to change?

also the movie info popup has the characters going out of the box-margins in the past few tech pal builds.

thnx

What resolution is the character problem occuring in? 4x3 or 16x9 etc... also some of the covers are horizontal (not many now due to new impawards thumbs, but still a few) so stretching would make them look nasty.
C-Quel Wrote:What resolution is the character problem occuring in? 4x3 or 16x9 etc....
For me its 4x3
It was specifically designed to Maintain aspect ratio of your covers so they don't get "stretched" if you want them all the same why not resize all your covers the same size
@jezz

all of the covers have the same height (755 pix), its just that some grabbed covers are either slightly slimmer or wider giving the overall apearance a choppy-step-like view. if the height could be limited (by stretching to a certain height) it would give the overall look a much cleaner finish. If you do not want to implement this do you have a tip which file i have to edit to make it stretch to the same height? thanks - would it be possible for an advanced setting to change this, so that no editing is necessary?

and the character info goes over the border in pal 4x3.
Just turn off <aspect>keep</aspect> or change it to <aspect>stretch</aspect>
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

im looking in the CommonViewTypes.xml and under dvdwrap view or sth. and cant find <aspect>, only <aspect aligny>. what is the exaxt location of the file i need to change? there are so many in the xml, that im uncertain which one needs editing. thanks
<aspect align="blah"> is the tag you want.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i changed aspect align top to stretch but it didnt work. sorry to be a pain but can you tell me the exact name of the line i have to edit as im at a loss here.

thnx
You are going to have to search yourself.

Find the image that is used for the main thumb (it'll probably be aligned to the bottom - the top alignment might be for the reflection, and it will be using ListItem.Thumb or ListItem.Icon) and set that to <aspect>stretch</aspect>.

before:

after:

edit:

Code:
<include name="VideoDVDWrapView">
        <control type="wraplist" id="56">
            <posx>190</posx>
            <posy>100</posy>
            <width>520</width>
            <height>425</height>
            <onleft>56</onleft>
            <onright>56</onright>
            <onup>9000</onup>
            <ondown>9000</ondown>
            <scrolltime>200</scrolltime>
            <viewtype label="543">wraplist</viewtype>
            <pagecontrol>-</pagecontrol>
            <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
            <focusposition>3</focusposition>
            <include>contentpanelslide</include>
            <itemlayout height="300" width="104">
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>2</posx>
                    <posy>100</posy>
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>150</height>
                    <info>ListItem.Icon</info>
                    <aspectratio aligny="bottom">stretch</aspectratio>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>2</posx>
                    <posy>250</posy>
                    <width>100</width>
                    <height>150</height>
                    <info>ListItem.Icon</info>
                    <texture flipy="true" diffuse="diffuse_mirror.png" />
                    <aspectratio aligny="top">stretch</aspectratio>
                </control>
                <control type="image">
                    <posx>70</posx>
                    <posy>225</posy>
                    <width>32</width>
                    <height>32</height>
                    <info>ListItem.Overlay</info>
                </control>
            </itemlayout>

ps: im using pal 4:3
smokeyfingaz Wrote:also the movie info popup has the characters going out of the box-margins in the past few tech pal builds.

could be a quick fix as it seems the top row is too low making the whole field too large

(PAL 4x3)

can younpost your file for 4/3 please
all you have to do is edit commonview types in the pm3 skin folder and use the example code in my post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PM3 cover size hight in DVD-View0