Poll: Top feature you want after 1.0 is released -
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Menu support for DVD playback
0%
CD Ripper (convert to mp3 with CDDB support)
0%
True 720p and 1080i support
33.33%
Karaoke Support
0%
PVR funtions using PC and MediaPortal
33.33%
Other
33.33%
Total
3 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

Top feature you want after 1.0 is released
ack! you've missed out the one feature that along with dvd menus is really missing!

proper support for sub/audio switching in ogm (partly there) and mkv.

these two are really the only basic features missing. dvd menus can be done with out (for the moment Wink but audio/sub switching is a must for all us anime fans out there Smile and is the only reason i still use tv-out. xbmc can after all cope with all the necessary audio/video codecs in an ogm or mkv cotainer file.

however i hear someone is working on the problem, hopefully we'll see it at some point in the future, roll on version 2.0 Wink
i want to see an implemented kml browser.

kml browser
greets,

zilvershadow
designer of the kmlbrowser script.
dvd moviedatabase with imdb support
flash or animated menu's
usb drivers for any mpg encoder of your choice. xbox has usb 1.1 that's means 6mbit of bandwidth more than enough for a 320x200 sample.

btw you guys rocks!!
windragz
it difficult to break 2048 bit as try to find a sock at morning, it's just matter of time.
i'd like to see a better osd for music. with possibility to pause, prev/next track, etc.
yac support fully intergrated Smile
the most important feature to me is dvd menus. have you ever tried fast forwarding through 7 episodes of family guy, spanned across 7 or 8 .vob files, trying to find the episode you are looking for? gets a little aggravating to say the least...
better realmedia support (fast forward in-sync, rv10 won't crash at the end of play)
ability to integrate (i.e. control) web-server for beyondtv (see http://www.snapstream.com). would love to be able to change chanels, select programs to play back (previously recorded). either support for snapstream or media portal would be great...
integrated itunes daap client support based on open source code and libraries from here: http://www.deleet.de/projekte/daap/

there is even a linux client ready for make and install there under: http://crazney.net/programs/itunes/tunesbrowser.html

with a screen shot of this here: http://crazney.net/programs/itunes/pics/...204_02.jpg

i've got $50 for anyone who makes it work in xbmc Smile

a@ron
most important feature for me is dvd-r support.

xbox 1.5
dvd-rom: samsung sdg-605
mod chip: aladin advance

at the moment there is no support for

1) dvd-r iso 9660 format with media files just shows up as blank cd (auto play only plays 1st file on dvd. no way to access any other files).

2) dvd-r with a dvd movie wont play. only plays 1st chapter vob file then quits back to xbmc

which definately needs to be fixed.

thanks to the latest build 2004-04-27. xbmc now supports dvd-r ufd 1.02 xbox format cd recorded with media files and play directly from dvd.
how about an integrated web browser?
most definitely proper fast forward/rewind. it's awful at the moment, rewind goes waaay to fast and fast forward goes slow up to 4x, then too fast at 8x. oh and the sound doesn't fast forward, it just pauses, making it out of sync.
(g12345567 @ april 30 2004,10:34 Wrote:1) dvd-r iso 9660 format with media files just shows up as blank cd (auto play only plays 1st file on dvd. no way to access any other files).
i think something may be wrong with your xbox. i have the samsung drive, aladdin advance and a version 1.4 mobo (basically the same as 1.5) and i burn everything as iso9660 on dvd-r. i've had no problems except with bung discs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Top feature you want after 1.0 is released0