Poll: Top feature you want after 1.0 is released -
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Menu support for DVD playback
0%
CD Ripper (convert to mp3 with CDDB support)
0%
True 720p and 1080i support
33.33%
Karaoke Support
0%
PVR funtions using PC and MediaPortal
33.33%
Other
33.33%
Total
3 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

Top feature you want after 1.0 is released
(ent @ may 01 2004,07:50 Wrote:most definitely proper fast forward/rewind. it's awful at the moment, rewind goes waaay to fast and fast forward goes slow up to 4x, then too fast at 8x. oh and the sound doesn't fast forward, it just pauses, making it out of sync.
hes right, fixing rewind should be the first thing done, even before 1.0 is out, there must be a way.
go find it then wabid.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

external bookmarks file separate from xboxmediacenter.xml please...

or at least a way to override the settings in xboxmediacenter.xml when the external bookmark file exists. this save me from having to edit in the settings everytime any features are added in the xboxmediacenter.xml.
it would be nice to be able to specify the workgroup instead of a specific pc on the smb network. this is sort of like my network places on a pc that let you browse all the available machines that has a shared volume. it is a pain to have to edit the xboxmediacenter.xml to change the smb server.

i know of a really old version of xbmp where the smb can be specified at the workgroup level. it was removed very shortly and never to be seen again.
Quote:it would be nice to be able to specify the workgroup instead of a specific pc on the smb network.  this is sort of like my network places on a pc that let you browse all the available machines that has a shared volume.  it is a pain to have to edit the xboxmediacenter.xml to change the smb server.

i know of a  really old version of xbmp where the smb can be specified at the workgroup level.  it was removed very shortly and never to be seen again.
it's already there, try 'smb://workgroup'
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

i want to have ttf support.
psd support if it's possible. all my photos are psds
bass and treble control for people who have hooked their xbox's to 5.1 speakersystems wich doens't have this feature (and there are a lot of these sets out there, believe me, and they're not cheap either)
the possibility to turn off the led would be nice.. it is disturbing with a green light there when wathcing a movie Wink

of those in the list, the dvd-menus is my highest wish...
(whoracle @ may 07 2004,21:20 Wrote:the possibility to turn off the led would be nice.. it is disturbing with a green light there when wathcing a movie Wink

of those in the list, the dvd-menus is my highest wish...
the led thingy is a planed feature... so it will come sooner or later Wink
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
ability to mount dvd iso's accross network using virtual cd/dvd drive on the xbmc.
up to date 3ivx support........since alot of p2p programms are now spreading these..
my dream would be to go the opposite direction of the ms methodology. this is to say, don't add features as a priority over polishing the existing, fundamental, less "impressive" features.

for example, i think the product will get far better reviews/following if it has: bulletproof execution (never crashing, no tivo-like delays, etc), ease of use (assuring on-screen controls work, work easily, consistently, etc), and possibly one of the most key: good, tested support for a range of media, such as dvd iso's and robust connectivity (tivo/replay relays, etc).

finally, i think it's important for any product to remember the market niche it is bound to fill and to fulfill that realm better than any alternative that may be more horizontally targeted. in the case of xbmc, it's bound to be one of the only media centers that (a) is truly open/customizable, (b) is used primarily as a video server endpoint (rather than the central server/pvr itself).

considering the most crucial, and i believe truly fundamental points above (a & b), it seems a very important direction will be creating an interface that is versatile (e.g. restore the "visible" attribute of xbmp and other similar approaches to customization); and to assure connectivity with pvr's such as ccx tivo's (ts), snapstream, etc.

while this is a response in context of the thread, it shouldn't be interpreted as a suggestion of xbmc failing on any of these measures at present. it's such an amazing app - thank you all so much!

-rusten
switch audio and subtitles in matroska files and..... no it's all. xbmc is a perfect player!

good luck ;-)
i second that request for matroska audio and subtitle switching. people say to me, just play mkv's on your pc for the time being, but i only have a celeron 366!!! woe is me. xbmc is officially the greatest thing ever tho - with proper mkv support i think it would be the ultimate greatest thing ever ^_^

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Top feature you want after 1.0 is released0