v17 Apple tv 4 remote keymap
Hi,

In one nightly release keymap was changed or something els changed.

Example:

1. when i press up/down when movie is playing i get the volume bar, do i really need that on a apple tv 4? before it was 10min jump which is better.
2. when pressing "menu" button now the movie pauses, before the meny was displayed and i could navigate to video settings/subs and so on.
3. pressing "play" button on a directory in video mode nothing happens anymore, i have to navigate in to each directory to then select the file i want to watch, before i could just press play on the directory and the file started to play.

Remapping 1 i think would be easy, but im unsure of 2 and 3.
Hi Everyone. I see the same problem. Enter doesn't work anymore. Will keep Apple remote for now until the bug is fixed. Also, how to select subtitles and different audio streams?
subtitles on ATV4 remote are found by pressing enter zone on remote once, normal-like, during streaming. THEN, press again and HOLD until lower menus appear! Took me a while to realize but it does work!
Just hold center button is enough
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I been wondering on these two too..

1. when i press up/down when movie is playing i get the volume bar, do i really need that on a apple tv 4? before it was 10min jump which is better.
2. when pressing "menu" button now the movie pauses, before the meny was displayed and i could navigate to video settings/subs and so on.
People didn't agree on something common so i proposed a default. You are free to remap the keys.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm using Kodi 17 alpha 7 on Apple TV 4. I have been looking everywhere to find a solution on how to get the key maps back to normal (swipe up skip forward 10 minutes, swipe down go back 10 minutes etc.)

I have tried to go to key maps and manually delete the custom key map that comes with it. I have tried to take it out and install a new one using Xcode. But every time the custom pre installed key map stays there. I have tried using the key map editor add on etc.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.
(2017-01-08, 16:11)Alexadler2011 Wrote: I'm using Kodi 17 alpha 7 on Apple TV 4. I have been looking everywhere to find a solution on how to get the key maps back to normal (swipe up skip forward 10 minutes, swipe down go back 10 minutes etc.)

I have tried to go to key maps and manually delete the custom key map that comes with it. I have tried to take it out and install a new one using Xcode. But every time the custom pre installed key map stays there. I have tried using the key map editor add on etc.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance.

Just edit the existing keymap... i altered the same buttons your looking to change and it worked fine...
Thanks Markus 3000 is there anyway you can share your edit? So I can copy and paste it?
And what steps did you take to do the edit?
i wont be home till later....i will upload it then.....

I used file manager in kodi to transfer the keymap to my pc. I then used and xml editor to change the keymap entires according to whats on the kodi wiki. ( i think it was something like change the volume up/down to bigstepforward/backward). i then tranfered the file back via filemanager
I appreciate your help. Are you using alpha 7? I tried to do exactly what it said to do on the Kodi.wiki.
I go into the file via Xcode, pull out the old custom remote, edit it with an Xml editor then put it back in. But unfortunately when I do this Kodi recreates the original file and I can't get the one I created to override it.

Another thing I did was use custom key maps through echo wizard. Once again it creates a new key map but won't override the original. I know I've got to be doing something wrong, but it is baffling me.

Thank you again for your help.
(2017-01-08, 23:36)Alexadler2011 Wrote: I appreciate your help. Are you using alpha 7? I tried to do exactly what it said to do on the Kodi.wiki.
I go into the file via Xcode, pull out the old custom remote, edit it with an Xml editor then put it back in. But unfortunately when I do this Kodi recreates the original file and I can't get the one I created to override it.

Another thing I did was use custom key maps through echo wizard. Once again it creates a new key map but won't override the original. I know I've got to be doing something wrong, but it is baffling me.

Thank you again for your help.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- This file contains the mapping of keys (gamepad,remote and keyboard) to actions within XBMC -->
<!-- The <global> section is a fall through - they will only be used if the button is not -->
<!-- used in the current window's section. Note that there is only handling -->
<!-- for a single action per button at this stage. -->
<!-- For joystick/gamepad configuration under linux/win32, see below as it differs from xbox -->
<!-- gamepads. -->

<!-- The format is: -->
<!-- <device> -->
<!-- <button id=""#>xbmc action</button>
<!-- </device> -->

<!-- To map keys from other remotes using the RCA protocol, you may add <customcontroller name="SiriRemote"> blocks -->
<!-- In this case, the tags used are <button id=""#> where # is the original button code (OBC) of the key -->
<!-- You set it up by adding a <customcontroller name="SiriRemote"> block to the window or <global> section: -->
<!-- <customcontroller name="SiriRemote"> -->
<!-- <button id="45">Stop</button>
<!-- </customcontroller> -->

<!-- Note that the action can be a built-in function. -->
<!-- eg <button id="6">ActivateWindow(Favourites)</button>
<!-- would bring up Favourites when the button with the id of 6 is press. In this case, "Menu" -->

<!-- -->
<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 'id' is the button ID used by SDL. The key ids recognized from your remote appears -->
<!-- in /var/log/syslog on the ATV2 for each button pressed and when debug mode is enabled -->
<!-- Use your log to discover and map custom buttons to actions. -->

<keymap>
<global>
<customcontroller name="SiriRemote">
<!-- up --> <button id="1">Up</button>
<!-- down --> <button id="2">Down</button>
<!-- left --> <button id="3">Left</button>
<!-- right --> <button id="4">Right</button>
<!-- center --> <button id="5">Select</button>
<!-- menu --> <button id="6">Back</button>
<!-- hold center--> <button id="7">ContextMenu</button>
<!-- swipe up --> <button id="8">Up</button>
<!-- swipe down --> <button id="9">Down</button>
<!-- swipe left --> <button id="10">Left</button>
<!-- swipe right --> <button id="11">Right</button>
<!-- play/pause --> <button id="12">PlayPause</button>
<!-- ir play --> <button id="13">Play</button>
<!-- ir pause --> <button id="14">Pause</button>
<!-- ir stop --> <button id="15">Stop</button>
<!-- ir next track --> <button id="16">SkipNext</button>
<!-- ir prev track --> <button id="17">SkipPrevious</button>
<!-- ir fast forward --> <button id="18">FastForward</button>
<!-- ir rewind --> <button id="19">Rewind</button>
</customcontroller>
</global>
<Home>
<button id="6">ActivateWindow(Favourites)</button>
</customcontroller>
</Home>
<FullscreenVideo>
<button id="1">Up</button>
<button id="2">Down</button>
<button id="3">Left</button>
<button id="4">Right</button>
<button id="5">OSD</button>
<button id="6">Stop</button>
<button id="7">OSD</button>
<button id="8">BigStepForward</button>
<button id="9">BigStepBack</button>
<button id="10">StepBack</button>
<button id="11">StepForward</button>
</customcontroller>
</FullscreenVideo>
<FullscreenLiveTV>
<button id="3">ChannelDown</button>
<button id="4">ChannelUp</button>
<button id="8">noop</button>
<button id="9">noop</button>
<button id="10">noop</button>
<button id="11">noop</button>
</customcontroller>
</FullscreenLiveTV>
<FullscreenRadio>
<button id="3">ChannelDown</button>
<button id="4">ChannelUp</button>
</customcontroller>
</FullscreenRadio>
<Visualisation>
<button id="1">VolumeUp</button>
<button id="2">VolumeDown</button>
<button id="3">SkipPrevious</button>
<button id="4">SkipNext</button>
<button id="5">Pause</button>
<button id="6">Fullscreen</button>
</customcontroller>
</Visualisation>
<SlideShow>
<button id="1">ZoomIn</button>
<button id="2">ZoomOut</button>
<button id="3">PreviousPicture</button>
<button id="4">NextPicture</button>
<button id="7">Info</button>
</customcontroller>
</SlideShow>
<ScreenCalibration>
<button id="5">NextCalibration</button>
</customcontroller>
</ScreenCalibration>
<VideoOSD>
<button id="7">Back</button>
</customcontroller>
</VideoOSD>
<VideoMenu>
<button id="5">Select</button>
</customcontroller>
</VideoMenu>
<MyVideoLibrary>
</customcontroller>
</MyVideoLibrary>
<MyVideoFiles>
</customcontroller>
</MyVideoFiles>
<PictureInfo>
<button id="3">Left</button>
<button id="4">Right</button>
</customcontroller>
</PictureInfo>
</keymap>

here is my exact file

I am using windows.

it may create a file but when your in file explorer in kodi just delete that file thats on the right side of the screen and then push over your new file from the left. i just used kodis file manager to navigate to my modded file on my pc and then just pushed it over inside kodi. it worked me so i know it pusshes it over.
Anyone get the extnded keys to work on the Apple TV 4k? I use a Tivo remote and copied the file over using file manager, but I'm still getting volume changes when I hit the up arrow during playback.
Now that I’ve finally jail broken my ATV 4K. Where are the user data files stored on sideloaded apps? Can’t find ‘me and they’re not where the IOS kodi wiki says they are.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple tv 4 remote keymap0