OpenELEC 7 Confluence customizations not being used/detected
I just upgraded to OpenELEC 7 and now all my confluence customizations aren't working. The modified files are still present in the directories:

~/.kodi/userdata/library/video/movies/
~/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence/720p

however, the menu does not include any of the changes present in 6.0.3

Otherwise the upgrade went without issue. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.
You'd probably be better asking that on the OE forum.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I'll do that. This community has helped in the past, and I wanted to cover the possibility this was something to do with Jarvis.
Odds are that Confluence has been updated, overwriting your modified files.
I thought that might be the case, but I checked them against an image I took of the SD card before the upgrade (running off a Pi3). All the files are still there and match the pre-upgrade versions (see OP).
Ah OE 7 still has Jarvis. Than the default Confluence has a higher number in addon.xml than your local copy. Update the version number in your local copy to use that version of Confluence.
I think this is definitely something with Kodi not picking up the confluence changes under "addons" directory. If I go to Videos -> Library, my customizations are in place and working. It's only when I go to Movies -> Title/Genre/etc that it uses the old filters as opposed to the ones I created in ~/.kodi/userdata/library/video/movies/.

I tried re-copying the contents of /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.confluence/* to ~/.kodi/addons/skin.confluence and redoing my changes, but no luck to that either.
@BigNoid

Yup, that did it. Thanks for the assist. The reason I customize at all is to separate out my Home Movies from the regular films (makes browsing easier as I have several hundred 5-minute clips of the kids). I exclude based on my custom HomeMovie genre. I haven't checked out the new skin yet, but hopefully it has a similar customization system so I can continue to exclude them whenever Krypton gets rolled into OpenELEC.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC 7 Confluence customizations not being used/detected0