SD/MMC Issues?
Greetings ALL,

New here so, bear with me until I get the hang of things here.

I purchase a Android tv box (KODI) and am awaiting it's arrival. I have asked the seller what type of storage this unit will accept in the form of a card. His answer was non-specific to say the least. There is a slot on the rear panel of the unit. Please see the attached pict **ATTEMPTED TO ATTACH PICT BUT, SEE NO PLACE I CAN ACCOMPLISH THIS)** and notice that it says "SD/MMC" . Herein may lie my confusion.

If I understood/mis-understood the seller, he indicated that the unit may possibly NOT use sd ram (?). I attempted to read up on both "SD" and "MMC" prefixes and it appears that they are different in size and use. Can anyone help me out here on this?.........Thanks.
all android boxes accept microSD card, don't worry.... it is a standard...
thanks for the reply.....That is what I thought except there appears to be many "variations" to it See: http://www.diffen.com/difference/MMC_vs_SD_Card to see those differences. Looking for compatible as well as "fast reacting".
.....Anyone else?....sd vs mmc, faster card?...all the same size or not?...Anyone?
UPDATE:
I received a response from the seller with the following;

"...as you mentioned the question, the RAM storage means the internal storage of the box,micro TF card size is 12*9mm ,max to 32GB about the SD card, you can use it to play music, video ect, but you can not use it to install add-on, hope you understand this..."

So, with that in hand and with the comparison link i previously posted, which one would be best?

Last, if the seller says no apps on card, then, what will/could it be used for?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SD/MMC Issues?0