Windows 10 How do I downgrade from Kodi 17 to Kodi 16?
Hi, I spent 16 solid hours installing Kodi, but it turns out that it is the new unstable version (almost NOTHING works, and all YouTube videos give instructions that refer to completely unrecognisable screens).

Given that I've already downloaded lots of Add-ons, I would like to keep those, then I think it would be best to delete Kodi 17 before installing Kodi 16.

There is no such path on my computer as Program Files/Kodi or Program Files(x86)/Kodi. It doesn't appear in the list of Windows programs either.

Please don't guess the answer or use abbreviations to sound cool. I need genuine instructions that are numbered clearly (so too, it seems, do many other people). Thanks Smile

PS I don't know how to tell Kodi to recognise my TV tuner (eyeTV diversity).
Just install v16 on top of v17. Works fine.
Any addon(s) that work in v17 should still work on v16. If not, its easily solved.

Kodi does not handle Live-TV. You need one of the available backends for this.
(2017-01-17, 13:00)Atreyu Wrote: Just install v16 on top of v17. Works fine.
Any addon(s) that work in v17 should still work on v16. If not, its easily solved.

Kodi does not handle Live-TV. You need one of the available backends for this.
That's not my experience - it's easy to end up with addons (particularly skins) that are too high a version number and won't update.
@ the OP. Read the wiki, search here, do a separate portable install - that way you can run as many versions of 16 and 17 as you like independently (though usually only one running at once).
Looking at youtube junk from a year ago won't help with Kodi. How did you manage to spend more than 15 minutes installing Kodi on Windows?

You problem is probably that all of those youtube addons are crappy outdated stuff that just doesn't work anymore, if it ever did.

The only problem I'm having with 17 RC3 on Windows 10 is the occasional crash, which I am guessing is the fault of my 10 year old hardware.

By any chance, did you install from the Windows Store? That works completely different from as download install. I think you have to uninstall it in the store, then download Kodi from Kodi.tv and install it.

There, no abbreviations and I'm not a smarty-pants.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 How do I downgrade from Kodi 17 to Kodi 16?0