v17 RC4 compile ends in errors due to cmake bug/wii remote
Trying and failing to build RC4 on a RPi2 (Arch ARM). My build receipe works fine for RC3...
Code:
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
    -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/vc \
    -DCORE_SYSTEM_NAME=rbpi \
    -DWITH_CPU=cortex-a7 \
    -DENABLE_EVENTCLIENTS=ON \
    -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF \
    -DENABLE_X11=OFF \
    -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF \
    -DENABLE_VDPAU=OFF \
    -DLIRC_DEVICE=/run/lirc/lircd \
    ../xbmc/project/cmake

make VERBOSE=1

Entire build log.

If I grep out 'error' from that log, I get a few key lines I think:
Code:
/scratch-nfs/PKGBUILDs/alarm/kodi-rbp-git/src/xbmc-17.0rc4-Krypton/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote/CWIID_WiiRemote.h:51:19: fatal error: cwiid.h: No such file or directory
distcc[11784] ERROR: compile /scratch-nfs/PKGBUILDs/alarm/kodi-rbp-git/src/xbmc-17.0rc4-Krypton/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote/CWIID_WiiRemote.cpp on ease/9 failed
/scratch-nfs/PKGBUILDs/alarm/kodi-rbp-git/src/xbmc-17.0rc4-Krypton/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote/CWIID_WiiRemote.h:51:19: fatal error: cwiid.h: No such file or directory
distcc[11784] ERROR: compile /scratch-nfs/PKGBUILDs/alarm/kodi-rbp-git/src/xbmc-17.0rc4-Krypton/tools/EventClients/Clients/WiiRemote/CWIID_WiiRemote.cpp on localhost failed
make[2]: *** [build/WiiRemote/CMakeFiles/kodi-wiiremote.dir/build.make:63: build/WiiRemote/CMakeFiles/kodi-wiiremote.dir/CWIID_WiiRemote.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:9944: build/WiiRemote/CMakeFiles/kodi-wiiremote.dir/all] Error 2
checking for gcc way to treat warnings as errors... no
  CC       src/error.lo
/scratch-nfs/PKGBUILDs/alarm/kodi-rbp-git/src/kodi-build/build/libdvd/src/dvdcss/src/error.c:1:0: warning: switch -mcpu=cortex-a7 conflicts with -march=armv7-a switch
/scratch-nfs/PKGBUILDs/alarm/kodi-rbp-git/src/kodi-build/build/libdvd/src/dvdcss/src/error.c:1:0: warning: switch -mcpu=cortex-a7 conflicts with -march=armv7-a switch
CC    libavcodec/error_resilience.o
CC    libavutil/error.o
INSTALL    scratch-nfs/PKGBUILDs/alarm/kodi-rbp-git/src/kodi-build/build/ffmpeg/src/ffmpeg/libavutil/error.h
make: *** [Makefile:139: all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().

Is it that wiiremote that's killing it? How can I disable that?

EDIT: Seems as though having the cwiid package installed as a makedep allows the build to finish successfully.... this is a change from RC3 as stated. Also, this is not required when building for x86_64.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Yep, seems like a buildsystem bug to me.
Cmake does not check for cwiid (package||headers) presence, because it was not told to do so.
Noticed this some time ago while building master, I just patch Wiimote build/install away because I don't need it.
Been too busy to make a proper fix and submit a PR.
I changed the title. Hopefully, one of the Kodi team members will see the thread and log the bug. Issues on github for the project are disabled.
This might have been caused by a PR (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/11332) of mine, I'll have a look at it Smile

EDIT: Maybe this (http://pastebin.com/4ZV9AkUe) will fix it, are you able to test it ? I'm not able to test it right now.

Thanks
I came across this thread after my LibreELEC build was failing on the kodi package. Your patch worked for me. Thanks.
I'll submit a PR for both Leia and Krypton Smile Thanks for testing.
@KlotX - Sorry, I did not get notification that you posted here. Since cspack verified your patch, do you need me to as well?
I don't think so, unless you really want to Smile I've opened pull requests already, and I think this fixes it.

Thanks Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RC4 compile ends in errors due to cmake bug/wii remote0