v17 I have a question about Kodi 17
I am trying to find out how I can install this on the Fire TV 2nd generation because I installed a version that was on a YouTube video and when I went into it said there was a newer version but I never find a way to update it and also is there a way to update without using a PC
That was your first mistake, installing a version you found on a Youtube video since it's more than likely that version is full of Banned add-ons (wiki).

The first thing you need to do is uninstall that version. Then you can follow the instructions in the wiki for the HOW-TO:Install Kodi on Fire TV (wiki).
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the link but the one in the YouTube video was just the Kodi 17 program but no add-ons or anything like that it was just plain Jane but it was out of date
I have a question that link doesn't have any that I can use on my Fire TV but ES File Explorer and that one says version 1.1 but mine is version 4.1.5 how do I install the current version of the Kodi 17 Beta using this program.
Just go to the download page, then save the file to somewhere you have access to it. Then use a file explore on your Fire TV to navigate to that location, click on the .apk and install it.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
How can I do that there is no way to save the files on the Fire TV and my IPad you can't save files on that either
I found a way to get to the Kodi download page and I have clicked on 17.0 Arm 64bit and it doesn't do anything at all what is wrong
You don't have to save it to the Fire TV, you just have to save it to a network share location, then access it from LAN in a file explore.

Do you have a gen 1 or gen 2 Fire TV? If you have the original Fire TV then you should be installing the 32bit version not the 64bit version. But either way, just try to install the 32bit version.
I have generation 2 and I said that in my first post
Ok, let's back track a little.

When you said you went to the download page and it didn't do anything, what are you using to get to that page? If you're going there from a browser did you try a different browser?

If you're having issues you can also download the file from the mirrors: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/
How to sideload apps like Kodi onto the Fire TV — Using nothing but the Fire TV

I loaded the webpage in ES Flie Explorer and when I clicked on it with 2 different remotes it never would open anything I had to go this right here I saved the file to Google Drive on my iPad and I went to the Cloud on ES File Explorer and I was able to sing in to the Google Drive account and download the apk file that way because I tried to do it the same way with Dropbox but it never enter so I could enter my email address and password

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I have a question about Kodi 170