Naming specials episodes (e.g. Pilot, Extras, and Bloopers) for thetvdb.com?
Question 
I haven't checked up on XBMC development for a few months, but I was wondering if it's possible yet to add custom items to the TV Shows section. Specifically I would like to be able to add Extras (from TV Show DVDs) to the TV Shows section. I had asked about this a while back and it wasn't available then, but it sounded like they were working on it.

Thanks,
Harry
I believe that if you name them ShowName.S0xE00.EpisodeDescription.avi (the 'E00' in "S01x00" being the important part, "x" is the season by the way) then it will be scaned into the XBMC video database and you can see it from the library view mode in XBMC.

...if TheTVDB.com has an entry to those "S0xE00" is a completly different matter.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Harry, do you mean you only have this show on DVD and not in any other format?
Catchy Signature Here
No, the DVD is just an example ... for example I ripped season 1, episodes 1 to 10 from the DVD, however, I also want to rip the bloopers extras and have it show in the same list as episodes 1 to 10 or possibly as a seperate season if need be.

Thanks,
Harry
All of the above applies, you could try adding the bloopers as an "special" to the TVDB.com.
(On second thought the owner may have stated he does not intend to have DVD extras in it, you may want to take it up there)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
This is fairly easy to achieve if you're willing to manually edit the db. I've done it this way on several TV shows.

Example - Create two S01E01 files. Name one as such - "Showname.S01E01.EpisodeName.iso, then name the second one as "Showname.S01E01.Bloopers.iso" Then use scan for new content. This will add these entries to the db. Then go into the db (back it up first) and look for the "Bloopers" entry. Once found, modify this entry to your specifications. You can change the episode number, the file name, the overview blurb etc (Make it epsiode 0 or episode 11). Then create an nfo file for the "bloopers" file for later scans.

I don't usually bother with extras, but I've set several using this method. Have fun.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
I better mention that doing it this way will add the same scan info to the library view twice - ie, their will be two entries for the same episode. This will alter once you've modded the db and reloaded it
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Cool. I'll give that a try.

Thanks,
Harry
KidKiwi Wrote:This is fairly easy to achieve if you're willing to manually edit the db. I've done it this way on several TV shows.

Example - Create two S01E01 files. Name one as such - "Showname.S01E01.EpisodeName.iso, then name the second one as "Showname.S01E01.Bloopers.iso" Then use scan for new content. This will add these entries to the db. Then go into the db (back it up first) and look for the "Bloopers" entry. Once found, modify this entry to your specifications. You can change the episode number, the file name, the overview blurb etc (Make it epsiode 0 or episode 11). Then create an nfo file for the "bloopers" file for later scans.

I don't usually bother with extras, but I've set several using this method. Have fun.

Another thread posting says that nfo is not in TV-Show Library. I'm new at xbmc could you give an example of an nfo file for a TV Show?

Here is the link to the other posting

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=158756&postcount=5
Cocophone Wrote:Another thread posting says that nfo is not in TV-Show Library. I'm new at xbmc could you give an example of an nfo file for a TV Show?

Here is the link to the other posting

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=158756&postcount=5

You may be correct. I don't use nfo files myself, but am hoping to at a future time. I wasn't aware TVshows was not covered.
Hi all,

How should I name "special" one off episodes of a TV series that do not exist within a season such that they are picked up by the thetvdb.com scraper?

The episodes I'm trying to get into my library are: http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...8508&lid=7

Thanks in advance,

L.
Specials at TheTVDB.com are season 0
So s00e0x should do the trick.
(nice to see they are allowing bloopers... I seem to remember that was one thing they were not including)
Perfect.

"S00E01" picked it up correctly as the pilot.

Thanks!
Can anyone confirm if the thetvdb.com scraper supports scraping the Specials listed for certain shows? For example if you look at MythBusters on the website you'll see a season called Specials with over 20 episodes in there. It would be cool if we could for example create a "Season 0" on the file server, put all the specials in there and have the scraper scrape the info for these specials.

Please let me know if anything like this exists at the moment or if I should submit a feature request.

Thanks,
Harry

EDIT: Looks like I found my answer in this thread .... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming specials episodes (e.g. Pilot, Extras, and Bloopers) for thetvdb.com?0