v17 Krypton 17.0 RC4 virus warning
I just tried to download Krypton 17 RC4 and got a message that the download was deleted due to a virus, It would not even let me download it. I then tried the nightly 20170129-5D8FC57 and it downloaded and installed and seems to be working.
Just an FYI for any body having this problem.
Tom
False positive, change your virus scanner.
Nope, not a virus
I think it possibly has to do with those January security updates... While I was cruising with Kodi... I received the dreaded BSD... The log gave the answer... Memory dump crash... everything is back to normal now... I removed one of the updates... my personal experience anyway...

§Glass<^>Rain§2
(2017-01-30, 05:28)PatK Wrote: False positive, change your virus scanner.

I suspected as much. Funny thing is I was able to load and install the nightly. Can you recomment a virus scanner? I am using windows defender.
Thanks
I am also using Windows Defender and I didn't receive a false positive. It might have been a specific set of virus definitions, they are updated several times each day.
Regarding a choice for virus scanners; I have used several, privately and professionally and have come to the conclusion that Windows Defender is actually quite good. It might not catch as much malware as other scanners but it also has less bugs and is less intrusive than lots of other products.
Last but not least, it is not the cheapest anti-virus product but you'll get a free Windows license with itBig Grin
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2017-01-30, 05:28)PatK Wrote: False positive, change your virus scanner.

I would suggest you change if you get regular false positives. Changing because of one would be a silly knee-jerk reaction.
Same conclusion from many experts (from Mozilla and Google, not from Microsoft): on Windows 8/10, the only choice that makes sense is Windows Defender, any other AV is crap.
http://robert.ocallahan.org/2017/01/disa...xcept.html

(2017-01-30, 16:33)PH-SYM Wrote: I am also using Windows Defender and I didn't receive a false positive. It might have been a specific set of virus definitions, they are updated several times each day.
Regarding a choice for virus scanners; I have used several, privately and professionally and have come to the conclusion that Windows Defender is actually quite good. It might not catch as much malware as other scanners but it also has less bugs and is less intrusive than lots of other products.
Last but not least, it is not the cheapest anti-virus product but you'll get a free Windows license with itBig Grin
Can't you just add an exemption to Windows Defender? Like "kodi-17.0-Krypton*.exe"? Not very likely you would be simple minded enough to download it from anywhere other than the official site.

You can also disable Defender Real Time protection, install kodi and then re-enable Defender.
(2017-01-30, 16:33)PH-SYM Wrote: I am also using Windows Defender and I didn't receive a false positive. It might have been a specific set of virus definitions, they are updated several times each day.
Yesterday everything was all right but now Windows Defender finds Troyan and deletes RC4
I think it's better install nightly build Big Grin
Wink 
ozzy46 here Well this is what i did i turned the checker off in windows 7 defender and aloud the download in defender then turned checker back on and scan the download it was clean then i opened it all good then with checker back on i downloaded it again and it downloaded fine no flags i hope it helps im a newbie hi to all
Just grab the 1/29 Krypton nightly and install it. MSSE at least has no problem with it (at this point anyway).

scott s.
Having similar issue with RC4 .EXE downloaded from kodi.tv yesterday

Windows Defender (32 bit Windows 10 Laptop)
Found "Trogen:Win32/Gaobot"

Will try nightly build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Krypton 17.0 RC4 virus warning1