Kodi 17 on Android T8 Box
Hi All

Ive just removed 16.1 from my android box and downloaded 17 ... however the download doesnt show up in appinstaller ... Ive even tried putting it on a usb thumb drive ...
yet if I re download 16.1 or put that on a thumb drive it shows up Huh

Any help is much appreciated Smile
Thread moved to Android.

What version of Android does the box run? Krypton needs at least Lollipop to run.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Device K200
ROM Version 20160726
ROM M8T8V2 20160726 V3.5.0
oops Android 4.4.2
Kernal 3.10.33
Have a look in the Kodi Settings > System Info > Summary page

Your Operating System: Android Version ...... will be written there

its 4.4.2 ...

How do i upgrade the box ... without loosing anything ? or is it not possible ?
Ask whoever you got it from or whoever made it. Or try a google search on the subject.

We only make and support Kodi, not the hardware that it runs on (or indeed Android itself).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
no problems ... i see a lot of google results on it ... looks like another school day ...
look at #2
and another 2min of googling...... https://www.entertainmentbox.com/latest-...-download/
look at posts from 26.09.2016.
So your only chance if freaktab, maybe they have something which is based on lollipop but I doubt that.
if i upgrade the firmware will that delete all installed apps etc ?

The OTA updater says no updates available ...
Normally Android updates don't, but that's from experiences on phones and tablets rather than boxes by doing OTA or sideloaded updates.

In this case who knows, but as noted it's beyond the scope of support here, as you'd need to be adding new firmware.

Kodi Blog Posts
cheers anyway ... Ive emailed the seller, I bought it from China so im not likely to get any replies ha...

The box has an app called media manager that updates the build ... i dont want to lose that ...
its an amlogic S802 Chipset ... so from what ive read it cant be upgraded to lollipop :/
(2017-02-02, 17:13)saintmonkey2 Wrote: its an amlogic S802 Chipset ... so from what ive read it cant be upgraded to lollipop :/

It's gonna change..... soon Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 on Android T8 Box0