v17 change buffer size used before playback starts
Hi folks,

I'm using two Kodi-clients to watch my media, one the using an ethernet cennection and one connects via WLAN. The first one works without any buffering trouble. When using the second one I need to pause the video myself, so that Kodi can cache/preload the amount specified in advancedsettings.xml / cache-section. This works fine, but requires some manual action (pausing playback after starting the movie).

I've noticed a short buffering icon beforehand, but thats just changing between 0 and 100, no other values seem to appear here. It would just be perfect to set a (different) amount of cached memory here, so that this buffering-animation would be on a bit longer and actually buffering more data and therefor rising slowly from 0 to 100.

Is there any option to do this? The cache section only defines the amount of data read ahead, but not the size used before playback even starts. At least as far as I found it in documentation.

If required, I can provide a debug log later on.
Are you using KODI 16 Jarvis or 17 Krypton? The name of the settings change between the two in AdvancedSettings.xml. Yes you can put a value in AdvancedSettings that will change how much cache (from your available memory) you can use.
Hi Jokerchyld,

thanks for the reply. It's Krypton, I've already setup the cache section in advancedsettings.xml, as I stated before. But this is only setting the amount cached during playback. It's not waiting until the defined amount of memory is cached BEFORE the video starts. The cache itself works fine, I just need to hold playback myself for about 30sek - 1min, after that its ok. Was just thinking of an option that would start playback itsself after about these amount of time, it needs to cache enough of the videofile to play continiously.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
change buffer size used before playback starts0