v17 solved: Video hangs every ~2-15 Minutes, buffering problem?
Hi!

I store my movies on a network - drive via LAN-Cable and I'm using OSMC on the Raspi-2.

In the earlier Jarvis-versions the problem didn't exist. All was fine.
Since a small Jarvis-update (unfortunately I don't know which it was) the problem occured and is still existing till now on the actual Krypton-Version:

On both HD or non-HD-movies, and also on music (!!) it freezes every few minutes, then after a few seconds a "buffering-message" occurs and counts from 0 - 100% for a few seconds, then the movie goes on.
Now on Krypton its the same again - it just looks a little bit different.
the lags doesnt occure in the same intervals, the intervals are completly different, even within one movie.

on Jarvis I created the advancedsettings.xml with the entry <cachemembuffersize>50000000 and then the problem was solved.

I read, that on Krypton the entry was renamed to <memorysize>, but it doesn't help, i still have the lags.

Trying different buffer-sizes did not solve the problem.

what was changed on the old jarvis version so that the problem occured? on the older version it worked fine!
why are no useful buffer-settings in the stock-version?
am I the only one with this problem?
when I test a movie via VLC-player or Windows-Media-Player from a PC, it works fine.

can you please help me?

Kodi is such an awesome mediacenter, except this little bastard-problem.

thanks!
I have the same problem, but don't know when it started either.
Please state the source of content and provide a debug log (wiki) via pastebin
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2017-02-27, 12:09)BachManiac Wrote: I read, that on Krypton the entry was renamed to <memorysize>, but it doesn't help, i still have the lags.

The section name has also changed from "network" to "cache".
See: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache
hi!

now back from holidays, here the log:

http://paste.osmc.io/aricixuben

I startet logging, then I started "The Pacific - s01e03.mkv" - it takes ~60 minutes and the episode had many of this lags.

before logging I deleted the advancedsettings.xml and rebooted, so it is the original setting.

thanks!!
(2017-03-05, 12:50)BachManiac Wrote: before logging I deleted the advancedsettings.xml and rebooted, so it is the original setting.

If the file cache was necessary on Jarvis, then it is worth trying with it enabled (using updates tag names) on Krypton.
thanks, but none of the buffer-examples in the upper link did work.

But a clean new install of osmc did work. now I works out of the box. Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
solved: Video hangs every ~2-15 Minutes, buffering problem?0