v17 Paste and copy addons from an installation to another
Hello guys,
I finally decided to upgrade my main Install Kodi Krypton rc1.
I have other installations of krypton rc1 at home and at work :-), then, as always in the past, I made a copy of most of my addons from one of my krypton rc1. I installed Kodi, same version made most of the basic configuration (like the flag of unknown sources), installed a couple of addons from addon browser closed kodi and than copied my backup (script, repo and various addons music / videos). I am using the installer from the blog and not the store version.
When I open Kodi all the addons installed from the addon browser are available the ones from my backup no. I did a test on another windows machine copied manually only an addon but i have the same result (with the 17 and the 17.1 rc). fortunately settings under userdata \ addon_data are recognaized so I can copy all my credentials.
i missed something? could someone explain to me.
Peppe
It's a fantastic new feature of Krypton.
No, seriously. It is.
Anything not installed by zip or from a repo is automatically disabled, so has to be enabled separately.
Because that's much better.
ah ok, now i'm thinking i read something about this in the past (but erased from my mind). so they are all there but disabled....... really freak feature.
Supposedly it's going to make it harder for the Build© makers.
To be slightly more serious - if you use portable builds thingies you can copy them from one machine to another. Or copy the whole addons folder and the addons26.db file(I think it's 26, the highest number in userdata/database anyway) together.
if this is the reason is not so freaky as i thought. it is a good thing. this means i will spend more time to set all back again. no problem, we love kodi.

(2017-03-02, 19:40)trogggy Wrote: To be slightly more serious - if you use portable builds thingies you can copy them from one machine to another. Or copy the whole addons folder and the addons26.db file(I think it's 26, the highest number in userdata/database anyway) together.

so this have no effect with -p mode?
(2017-03-02, 19:45)peppe_sr Wrote: if this is the reason is not so freaky as i thought. it is a good thing. this means i will spend more time to set all back again. no problem, we love kodi.
I might see it as a good thing if I thought for a second that it would have any effects other than on 'normal' users. Probably not even then though to be honest.
Quote:
(2017-03-02, 19:40)trogggy Wrote: To be slightly more serious - if you use portable builds thingies you can copy them from one machine to another. Or copy the whole addons folder and the addons26.db file(I think it's 26, the highest number in userdata/database anyway) together.

so this have no effect with -p mode?
None. Not because it's -p mode, but because you're copying the addons and the addons database. You can do that with a 'normal' install, it's just more of a pain.
Would it also work to copy the folder+DB from one device running Kodi to another one running MrMc?
(2018-09-28, 12:46)HandWurst Wrote: Would it also work to copy the folder+DB from one device running Kodi to another one running MrMc?
No, because as I understand it MrMC doesn't support user-installed addons.
Exclamation 
Is there a way to edit the .db file? I have a whole library of custom themes that have been created from the videos in the library and no way to install the *tunes theme player other that copying the .db and addon information?? Very frustrating.
You can just copy the add-on. The addons database will sort itself out at the next reboot, although you will have to manually enable the copied add-on before you can use it. You will also have to install any required dependencies that it may have (and that those dependencies may themselves have).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
It's not clear what you want to do or why.  There shouldn't be any reason to copy a .db file in order to install one addon.  Presumably the custom themes you've created (whatever they are) are stored in the userdata/addon_data/whatevertheaddonis folder...Huh  If so you can copy that folder across before installing the addon.
(2019-01-15, 19:26)DarrenHill Wrote: You can just copy the add-on. The addons database will sort itself out at the next reboot, although you will have to manually enable the copied add-on before you can use it. You will also have to install any required dependencies that it may have (and that those dependencies may themselves have).
 thanks Darren, that sounds promising. I copied the script.____ in userdata and script.____ in addons. Its Krypton 17.6 in windows so pulled from "C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi" that sound right? or is there something with the skin too? O, and I guess I will have to figure out how to "manually enable the add-on" since merely restarting doesn't seem to allow it to even show. If you are talking about clicking enable in the addon settings then yeah, but its not showing up to get that far yet.
scratch that, I had the wrong profile - it seems to work just fine when I copy it into the right place. Thank you so much Darren
Hello,

This is probably a stupid question but how exactly do you "manually enable the copied add-on"...?

I'm trying to copy an add-on from an old Kodi installation to a new fresh installation and unfortunately the add-on I want to keep is no longer available since its repo is unavailable.

Any useful advice and/or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Paste and copy addons from an installation to another0