Movie Collections
Information 
I'm being told by the guys over at Emby that Kodi doesn't allow movies to be in multiple collections. Is there a way to make this work? I have movies that belong in more than one collection and they show fine on Emby but not Kodi. I using Kodi 17 with the Titan skin 3.7.50.
Could you be more specific,
What do you mean with the movie belongs to more collections.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I have a collection with 17 movies in it and they all show in Emby fine. In this collection of 17 there are movies that are in other collections. In Kodi the 17 collections is now a 9 collection group because those 9 are not in any other collection. I would like Kodi to function like Emby and show all collections no matter what. I need Kodi to see one movie in more than one collection.
With collection you mean sets ?
Like X-Men 1, 2, 3 etc ?
Or do you mean those movies are on another drive in a different folder ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Yes. I have an Avengers collection of 17 that has Iron Man, Captain America, Thor in it and since Iron Man, Captain America and Thor have their own collections they do not show up in the Avengers collection on Kodi.
I've been slicing and dicing my collection for years, Tags, Smart playlist, Nodes, Sets, Folders, Genre's and more. e.g. James Bond Collection, Alfred Hitchcock, Woody Allen, Oscars not to mention file mode folders of 30+ genre's, Super Favourites, and I'm always looking for something new....and did I mention random? I doubt Kodi needs more, but sounds like the Emby guys need a little help exploring what is already here.

Tags function is probably what you're looking for atm. Video library tags (wiki)
Sets and collections are the same thing. I use emby to manage media.
Sets as put together in Box Set manner by the scrapers, and can be added/subtracted manually. While Collections can be more liberal and are set-up manually. Kodi see's them differently and Collections do not show up as sets in the interface unless treated as such.
Ok...let me start over. I have "Box Sets / Collections" setup in Emby and they all work as expected. When using the Emby plugin for Kodi, Kodi does not work as expected. In Kodi there are missing movies in the "Box Sets / Collections". I brought this issue to the Emby team first thinking it was their issue. They replied and said that Kodi doesn't support a movie being in more than one "Box Set / Collection". So I brought my problem here to the Kodi team to find out if there is some kind of workaround or setting that i can do to display this correctly. Kodi does not manage my media it's only the frontend for my media center.
Films can only be placed in 1 set in kodi. There's no workaround for that as far as I'm aware - IIRC there have been feature requests (to allow films to be placed in multiple sets) met with a lack of interest.
Edit: there are other ways to sort - eg tags - but nothing (as far as I'm aware) that will work within the main movie list (or a smart playlist).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Collections0