Better TV Scrapper Options?
Are there any better scrappers available than TVDB? I often wonder why we can't use IMDB for TV also. Also, what about TV.com or maybe a universal one that searches multiple sources? I found something that said it was universal, but it seemed to be something else and didn't work for what I needed. Thanks in advance for all input.
It is against IMDb terms and conditions. What is your difficulty with the tvdb?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
An alternative is http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200504 not ever used it personally though.
(2017-03-08, 06:26)nickr Wrote: It is against IMDb terms and conditions. What is your difficulty with the tvdb?

Thanks much for the reply. It doesn't detect some TV shows, even one that is very popular. It works very well when it works, though.
(2017-03-08, 06:29)jjd-uk Wrote: An alternative is http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200504 not ever used it personally though.

Thank you. I'll have a look.
Are you sure that you have your folders/files named correctly? The correct naming matters.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Did you got a example which don't scrape correct ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Yes, in some cases it is because of the naming. Let's take Once Upon a Time, for example. It I put (2011) after it, I imagine it would work, but my TV renamer software does not use that folder, and I don't prefer it anyway. So, I'd like something that detects that...
I read somewhere you can put a file named tvshow.nfo in the folder, with a link to the show in it. I tried this, but it didn't work. This is the link I added, and that's all I put in there:

http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=248835&lid=7
By far the easiest is to simply adopt the naming on thetvdb.com. There the current program "Once Upon A Time" (ie the one with Robert Carlyle) is named "Once Upon a Time (2011)" because there is an earlier program called "Once Upon A Time".

How else would you propose to distinguish between the two?

I use filebot as a renamer, and it uses thetvdb to rename, which sets the files up perfectly named for Kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Alright. Gotcha. Is it indeed true that you can use tvshows.nfo or any other file to force it properly?
Yes I believe so.
IIRC, a tvshow.nfo just containing a link to the tvdb show page does the trick.
The wiki must have the info...
As nickr alluded too already, if you don't use the the correct naming of your files/folders there's no way for TheTVDB to know which version of a show you want. If you just use "Once Upon a Time" it can't distinguish between all of these:

So the correct naming is essential.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-03-08, 07:41)nickr Wrote: By far the easiest is to simply adopt the naming on thetvdb.com. There the current program "Once Upon A Time" (ie the one with Robert Carlyle) is named "Once Upon a Time (2011)" because there is an earlier program called "Once Upon A Time".

How else would you propose to distinguish between the two?

I use filebot as a renamer, and it uses thetvdb to rename, which sets the files up perfectly named for Kodi.

Well,

It also depends on which language you use

I'm french an so I use french titles: for me, "Once Upon A time" (ie the one with Robert Carlyle) is just "Once Upon a Time" without the date in the title

Then I set the tvdb scrapper to use french
Moanbag is in da place!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better TV Scrapper Options?0