Sounds stutters/jitters
I have a problem with the sound in Kodi. It jitters quite often when I watch a movie or tv-series or listen to music. Sometimes the voices sound like Donald Duck. I have this problem since I installed Kodi 17.0
Kodi is installed on a HTlaptop with windows 10. The version is: Kodi 17.1 RC1 GIT:xxxxxxxxxx|FEB 23 2017.I use the skin Aeon MQ7. I tested also with Confluence and Amber but that makes no difference.

I made a debug file and this is the url: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24153233/ I made this file this afternoon while playing the Radio App in Kodi.

The problem doesn't occur in Plex and I also tested it this morning in Emby and there is also no problem.

I hope someone can help me with solving this problem because it is very irritating.
You might want to set up a video buffer for those streaming sources HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki) If you have sync to playback on, turn it off and to simplify some of the errors in the log, it might be helpful to turn off 'Artist Slideshow'. Here's a thread to go over http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911 if some of these suggestion don't bring a fix, we'll have to progress in a different manner.
Hello PatK,

Thank you for your answer. I have setup a video buffer and disabled sync playback. I cannot disable Artist Slideshow because it is in use for Aeon MQ7. The problem still exists. Sound jitters when listening to music and the image as well while streaming video content.

My HTlaptop is with hdmi conncted to an Onkyo receiver (HT-590) and from there with hdmi to my LG LCD television. The data are on a QNAP NAS (HS-251). When I disconnect the laptop from the home theater and play the files just on my laptop there is the same problem.

Kodi Jarvis is still installed on my Kodi from the time before using the laptop/ If I play content with this version of Kodi all works perfect.

Can it be a problem of the laptop? Is it useful to delete Kodi completely (also my profile file) and install everything fresh? Just after installing Kodi 17 all worked well and flawless. This jittering problem started a few weeks ago.

Regards,

Joop.
You might want to flip back to the default skin, and disable Artist Slideshow, a lot of fetch errors which are interfering with streaming content. You're connected to your NAS with SMB or just USB? For the purposes of the diagnosis of this issue, a local file set-up would eliminate networking and bandwidth problems. Before we go any further, can you visit this page, grab the file and use it. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=272112
Quote:Is it useful to delete Kodi completely
Perhaps from your point of view, but usually a bare bones portable install will prove out Kodi on the hardware and in that last statement you intimated Kodi 17 worked fine for a few weeks, so I suspect some issue has crept in. The fact that you are having issues pulling AS, leads me to suspect skin issues, but with ~160 plugins you do have a weighty system. Some of those add-ons might not be Kodi 17 ready, could be running background interference, the log shows fetch errors from graphic and in that request, it holds up your streams.

Usually bringing back to portable mode, solves most issues, then moving your set-up back into it one at a time, the villain shows up. You could take the shot gun approach and disable the 'usual suspects', and see if that's the cure one way or another, then it becomes a process of elimination. If this is only a minor glitch, the suggested cache set-up might be enough to get you over this bump in the road.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sounds stutters/jitters0