About donations
i'm wondering about the donations to the project. me and some colleague of mine would like to donate some eur but we have no paypal nor credit card.
there is some other way to contribute? are people contributing?

thank you. see ya
without a credit card so can do internet transfer/s it's gonna be hard, i'm out of ideas, anyone? Huh
are people contributing? not many, no, and not much Sad (no pun intended to those who do, thx)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Quote:i'm wondering about the donations to the project.
you can contribute in many ways, for example by supplying patches, helping other people with problems, testing, finding & reporting bugs etc. about donating money, we only do paypal at the moment. so if you want to donate some money then open up a paypal account (its pretty easy)

Quote:are people contributing?
yes people are contributing. most contributions are in the $5-$20 range. unfortunaly i cant make a living with it. in the 2 years doing this i received like $300 total
these bucks are spend on :
- paying/hosting this site
- shipping of executers to the winners of the contest
- a dvd burner 4 myself

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
frodo,

out of curiousity, do you have a regular job or is this a fulltime job for you?

anyhow, go check your paypal.. i just made a donation.. hope this helps a bit more Smile

tslayer
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Quote:out of curiousity, do you have a regular job or is this a fulltime job for you?
i got a regular job and develop xbmc in my free time

Quote:anyhow, go check your paypal.. i just made a donation.. hope this helps a bit more
just checked and thx a lot for you generous donation m8!
frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
my pleasure.. keep up the great work...

i was stunned when you said that you only received 300$ in donations over 2 years. crazy..

take care,

ts
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

too bad the paypal site is down for maintenance right now.
i'm wondering if you will develop full time xbmc and other interesting and usefull stuff if donation will be enough for live with them.

once again, thanx to all the staff.
i think an avarage/good proffesional programmer earns around $30.000-$60.000 a year, so doubt donations would ever be enough Image
well, imho, job must be a compromise between money and fun.
i prefere a funny job that i love and that excite me (and, well, that pehraps is free software development) instead of a rewarding, but unsatisfiyng one. but this is only my point of view.
paypal now is up and running! i will study about it.
happy life
i'm triyng to get an idea about paypal. i don't have a credit card, but it seems i can donate anyway. quite strange, where does they pick the money?
i've also seen this site: http://www.paypalsucks.com. that worried me a bit. any comments about it?

this is an off-topic, but since paypal is the only way to contribute to xbmc, i think it can worth the discussion here.
i registered at paypal and made my contribution in less then 15 mins, using my credit card.

2 days later i had a thankyou note ,about recieved money, from devs here.

thats the first and only time i've used it (so far).

and that does not suck...

300$!? my god i hope you have fun doing this Wink
is it possible to send you cash in a snail-mail envelope?
thnx
$300 in 2 years!?!

i want to make a donation but paypal is not available for my country (thailand). is there any risk for my donation if i open a/c in usa using fake address?
bump the thread a bit. i need the answer.

is there any risk for my donation if i open a/c in usa using fake address? (i'm not in the paypalable Smile country)
Sad 
and i need to know if it's safe to send cash via snail-mail, or if there's some risk to loose cash, or worst.
thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
About donations0