• 1(current)
Kodi 17.1 not launching after install
Jarvis is installed. I downloaded the 17.1 Windows version file, started setup, kept libraries, installed completed.

Kodi will not launch

Unimstalled Kodi and re-installed it with the same result.

I'm using Windows 7
"Kodi will not launch" is not an error message. That doesn't tell anyone whether you're clicking on the right icon, whether it's crashing, whether it's complaining about a DirectX version or GPU, or anything else.

You've also said nothing about your hardware, such as would be in a debug log (wiki) - which you can still get if Kodi is starting and crashing through the advancedsettings.xml#loglevel (wiki) file approach.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
I'm not getting any error message, the reason why I didn't post it!

I selected "run Kodi" after it finished installing. It is not opening.

I run i5 CPU with 8GB RAM 64 bit

I'd be glad to post the debug log but I can't locate it
here's what I found in the advancedsettings.xml file

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<advancedsettings>

-<network>

<buffermode>2</buffermode>

<cachemembuffersize>1323302912</cachemembuffersize>

<readbufferfactor>5</readbufferfactor>

<curlclienttimeout>10</curlclienttimeout>

<curllowspeedtime>10</curllowspeedtime>

</network>

</advancedsettings>
using an editor, copy the following code and place it in a file called advancedsettings.xml and place it in your userdata folder.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>2</loglevel> <!-- Change this to "1" to hide the on-screen debug log text -->
</advancedsettings>
I did as instructed and nothing happened when I clicked the kodi.exe form C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi
Copy and paste that log to pastebin.com and in a message here leave the URL link to that paste.
And, before you struggle to find the log, try:

Windows desktop: %APPDATA%\Kodi\kodi.log

Windows store (UWP): %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\kodi.log
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
A number of people have encountered this issue after upgrading from Jarvis to krypton caused by a zero-byte Addons27.db file in the profile directory. Your kodi log file will likely refer to it if that's the case, so you can just delete that file and kodi should start properly.
(2017-03-23, 00:45)Gobberwart Wrote: A number of people have encountered this issue after upgrading from Jarvis to krypton caused by a zero-byte Addons27.db file in the profile directory. Your kodi log file will likely refer to it if that's the case, so you can just delete that file and kodi should start properly.

Thank you. This worked for me.

For those looking for the Addons27.db file, it is in this directory

%APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database
Deleting Addons27.db worked for me as well

Thank you
"Gobberwart Wrote:
A number of people have encountered this issue after upgrading from Jarvis to krypton caused by a zero-byte Addons27.db file in the profile directory. Your kodi log file will likely refer to it if that's the case, so you can just delete that file and kodi should start properly.

%APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database"

how did you guys do this i dont really now much about computers?
(2017-03-28, 03:08)danny209 Wrote: "Gobberwart Wrote:

%APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database"

how did you guys do this i dont really now much about computers?

DITTO. How are you guys doing this?
I looked at the Kodi log file and realised this message was always appearing right before kodi stopped running...

22:53:11.692 T:1196 ERROR: SQL: [Addons27.db] SQL error or missing database

So I looked at that file and discovered it was zero bytes in size. In other words, empty. Which would mean kodi couldn't read it and give that error.

So I moved it to a temporary location, just in case, and tried again... And it worked.

EDIT: I don't know exactly why this happens sometimes during an upgrade from Jarvis to Krypton, I only know how to resolve it when it does.
I guess trying to copy a corrupt or zero file will do it.

Quote:DITTO. How are you guys doing this?

The file is located in the userdata/Database folder http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata (wiki) Userdata (wiki)

just delete the file \Addons27.db
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 not launching after install1