• 4(current)
Kodi 17.1 not launching after install
First off, note that this fix applies only if you try to run kodi and nothing appears on the screen (except maybe the waiting cursor for a couple of seconds). If anything else happens, this will not help you.

The file is found in this location...

%APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\database

To get there just open windows Explorer and type that in the address bar at the top (you can't get there by clicking as it's a hidden folder and doesn't show up by default).

In that folder should be a file called Addons27.db.

If, and ONLY if, this file has a size of 0 bytes, delete it.

Restart kodi and it should work.

If not, then you have a bigger/different issue, which you should report in a separate thread, together with full information and a debug log.
(2017-04-06, 05:06)blossom24 Wrote: If you downloaded from the official Kodi website, then the location of Addons27.db can be found at
%appdata%\Roaming\Kodi \userdata\database

This is incorrect. The path is

%appdata%\Kodi\userdata\database

Or

C:\users\username\appdata\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\database

Why?

Because %APPDATA% is an environment variable and is a shortcut to
C:\users\username\appdata\Roaming
Ok thanks. Did test and it still called up Win Explorer. But noted. Will remove extra "roaming" in future.
Here's what worked for me. (For Windows 10 machines) (might work on Windows 7 machines)

1. Uninstall previous or current version of KODI completely using the uninstaller.

2. Go to File Explorer. Click on the empty section of the address bar such that you can type the following command
C:\Users\Your Username\%AppData%

3. Find the Kodi folder.

4. Delete the whole Kodi folder. (Dont be alarmed if it says 8000+ files will be deleted!)

5. Close File Explorer.

6. Restart system.

7. Download and Install KODI from http://kodi.tv/download

8. Reinstall all addons from scratch

These steps worked for me!
quite honestly this is a nightmare. I have tried and tried nearly every access and get nothing. I have found the file but it returns after deleting. this is a ridiculous situation. Kodi has never been like this.
you have to ask what is going on. There are more solutions than I can countand yet nothing works. The computer is new and there have been no problems.
If i see just delete the file i will do more than scream.
Is it not possible that Kodi can offer a remedy. I have been using Kodi for over 5 years now and never encountered anything like this.
(2017-04-06, 14:06)breightmet Wrote: quite honestly this is a nightmare. I have tried and tried nearly every access and get nothing. I have found the file but it returns after deleting. this is a ridiculous situation. Kodi has never been like this.
you have to ask what is going on. There are more solutions than I can countand yet nothing works. The computer is new and there have been no problems.
If i see just delete the file i will do more than scream.
Is it not possible that Kodi can offer a remedy. I have been using Kodi for over 5 years now and never encountered anything like this.
I have already replied directly to you in this thread and told you what to do next. If you cannot be bothered to follow instructions, then go ahead and scream. It's just as useful.
blossom24 Wrote:
If you downloaded from the official Kodi website, then the location of Addons27.db can be found at

%appdata%\Roaming\Kodi \userdata\database tried this but get a message that there is a spelling mistake and can't find the address.

In the message the address that I am given has the word Roaming repeated twice

it tells me that

%appdata%\Roaming\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\database has a spelling mistake. even though it hasn't. I have come across this several times since trying these remedies.
if trying to use Kodi is so much trouble and the privileged area of the technocrats then it will die a death. It is such a good concept but ordinary people with a modicum of intelligence should be able to to take part given a bit of guidance.
But I have given up.
(2017-04-06, 14:44)breightmet Wrote: it tells me that

%appdata%\Roaming\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\database has a spelling mistake. even though it hasn't. I have come across this several times since trying these remedies.

the correct path is %AppData%\Kodi\userdata\Database
(2017-04-06, 14:47)breightmet Wrote: if trying to use Kodi is so much trouble and the privileged area of the technocrats then it will die a death. It is such a good concept but ordinary people with a modicum of intelligence should be able to to take part given a bit of guidance.
But I have given up.

It is a shame you are spending so much time typing instead of reading the VERY clear information contained in this thread, much of it provided for your personal benefit, but mostly ignored.

I have also given up.

I know a lost cause when I see one.
Dang, maybe you guys need your 13 year old nephews to help you out. Wink Just kidding!

I wonder if a batch file could be written to accomplish deleting addons27.db.

You know when you run the Kodi uninstaller, at a point in the process it asks if you want to delete/remove the "Profile Folder" too. Ticking the check box would cause you to loose everything but would cause the next install of Kodi to be fresh/virgin.
Gobberwart

%appdata%\Kodi\userdata\database have tried this several times but the addons27.db will delete but restores every time Kodi is opened. How many times do I have to do it. So take your arrogance somewhere else.

C:\users\username\appdata\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\database

I get a reply

%appdata%\Roaming\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\database has a spelling mistake,

even though I have clearly typed in the required data.
I have come across this several times since trying these remedies.
Rechi used your path several times and still the offending data will delete but always restores itself.
Just add up the variations in the number of paths recommened as being the solution.
If deleting Addon27.db doesn't help please paste a Debug log (wiki).
a bit more trouble than i'm willing to deal with. Confused
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 not launching after install1