v17 Upgrading from 16.1 to 17.1 with MySQL.. worked fine :)
With all the issues posted (many VERY vaguely) it is sometimes easy to lose sight of the fact that for the majority of people, the Kodi 17 upgrade worked fine.

My Setup:
  • 3 x Windows 10 x64 machines (Intel NUC D54250WYK (4th Gen), ASRock ION 3D with Intel Atom D525 Dual Core Processor, and a home build PC Intel Core i7-3770K/nVidia GTX 660 Ti) with Kodi 16.1 installed.
  • Logitech Harmony 650 remotes
  • 1 x Windows Server 2012 R2 file server with all of my movies/music (~1600 movies, 155 TV Shows/~6000 episodes, ~1500 albums/~14,000 songs)
  • 1 x MySQL database server (5.6.35) running on Windows Server 2012 R2 (MyVideos99 DB ~34MB , MyMusic56 DB ~29MB)

I installed Kodi 17 RC1 on each machine into a temp directory and ran in portable mode to check video drivers, addons, etc. and to start getting a feel for Estuary, having used Confluence for the last few years.

Yesterday, I upgraded.
  1. Turned on all 3 machines and copied the Kodi 17 install file locally.
  2. On my main/fastest machine, I enabled Debug logging so that if I encountered any problems during the upgrade, I had a useful log ready for troubleshooting or posting here if I needed help.
  3. On my main/fastest machine, installed Kodi 17.1 over the top of Kodi 16.1, and then ran Kodi and let it upgrade my databases on the MySQL server. The whole DB upgrade process took about 7 mins.
  4. After verifying everything was fine on first PC, then upgraded remaining machines

Kodi 17.1 all working fine today.

Now I just have to deal with Estuary.. :S
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
Sounds great.
I am still in chock after attempting to migrate from XBMC to Kodi on a new MySQL 5.7 server.

Do you know if there are still problems with MySQL 5.7 and kodi?
Last time I tried, it would not work for tvshows.
Heck I'm still using 5.5.42 and see no issues...the wiki still lists it as the version to use.
I've been using MySQL 5.6 for quite a while... despite the mention in the Wiki that essentially 'due to some people saying they had some problems' (quite vague an unspecific) that MySQL 5.5.42 should be stuck with.

A few months ago I did a strong search on these forums for people using MySQL 5.7 and there were a few, so Kodi does seem to work OK based on that.. well, that was my conclusion anyway. I've also been hesitant to upgrade my version of MySQL given it is the heart of Kodi for me and an outage would be time consuming and annoying Smile
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrading from 16.1 to 17.1 with MySQL.. worked fine :)1