Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) 32-bit packages dependencies
Ok, that error is fixed by installing ...

Code:
-liblzo2-dev -liblzo2-2

Could a mod add these to the apt-get line in the startpost?

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Now I'm running into the libSDL_image dependency problem...

Code:
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_get_IHDR@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_get_tRNS@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_read_image@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_read_update_info@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_set_strip_16@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_sig_cmp@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_set_packing@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_create_info_struct@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_get_io_ptr@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_set_expand@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_destroy_read_struct@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_create_read_struct@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_set_read_fn@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_set_gray_to_rgb@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_read_info@PNG12_0'
/usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.2.3/../../../../lib/libSDL_image.so: undefined reference to `png_get_valid@PNG12_0'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [XboxMediaCenter] Error 1

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
FYI; Hardy Heron Alpha-5 is now available for download:
http://www.ubuntu.com/testing/hardy/alpha5
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu...00387.html

List of things not in this alpha but should be ready in the final 2-months from now:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Wow! Windows Domain authentication integration is nice! It's in the upcoming feature list. It has always been to much trouble to mess with samba configuration to get it to join a domain.

Regarding the libsdl-image problem.... What can I do to fix this? I'm guessing the developers might find this somewhat important to because a lot of people will switch to hardy soon....?

I'm guessing somehow the files needed can't be found while compiling. Maybe the location of the files has changed from Ubuntu perspective?

"$ locate libsdl-image" gives the following output..

Code:
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2-dev
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/README
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2-dev/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2-dev/changelog.gz
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2-dev/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2-dev/examples
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2-dev/examples/Makefile
/usr/share/doc/libsdl-image1.2-dev/examples/showimage.c.gz

If you actually have it installed you should have include/SDL/SDL_image.h and lib/SDL_image.so in either /usr or /usr/local. If you have both of these files then I'd hazard to guess that the lib was built without libpng support for some reason.
I have them both. I was affraid it would be something like that. I do have libpng(-dev) installed.

I just did a fresh install of Alpha 5, used the dependencies from the first post and it complied fine.
Strange, I'm in the dark here. I' using a fresh install of Hardy Alpha 4, completely up to date, which makes it a Alpha 5. I've tried compiling the SDL_image library manually, but this makes no difference. I'm still getting the ./configure error.

Ok, I've fired out the reason for te errors. I had MONO installed. So XBMC compilation was using the libsdl that was in MONO. I've deleted the MONO installation and set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable to "/usr/local", in which the "SDL/SDL-image.h" file resides. Now I can get past ./configure without errors. But I still can't compile. I'm getting the following error...

Code:
/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_image.h:28:17: error: SDL.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_image.h:29:25: error: SDL_version.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_image.h:30:24: error: begin_code.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/SDL/SDL_image.h:114:24: error: close_code.h: No such file or directory

How can I make my Kubuntu installation tell make that the SDL libraries are at "/usr/local" instead of "/usr/local/include"? I know this is no Linux forum, but I'm still hoping for a quick fix. It seems like a minor problem.

The output of "sdl-config --cflags" is..

Code:
-I/usr/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT
Which seems to be correct.

Pfiew... I'm back in business. I had two instances of SDL-image.h on my drive.
Compiling the library from source resulted in a installation in a different path than is normally used in a Debian distribution. So installing it from the repos again did not result in a overwrite of the manually compiled version, but created a second instance. So to start with, there where three versions of the SDL-image library. The MONO one, which doesn't work with XBMC obviously, the manually compiled one which was in /usr/local/include/SDL and the one XBMC needs which can be found in /usr/local/SDL. I needed to remove both non standard ones the get XBMC to compile.

This is not 'hardy-only', so I guess more people are going to run into this. Especially with the MONO one. For me it wasn't a problem to remove MONO, because om not using it at the moment (I installed it in my home directory and it was still there from a earlier installation), but if someone does need MONO to be installed. How can this be solved? Hard-coding the library path in the source doesn't sound like a flexible solution...

The latest build needs some more packages...

Code:
sudo apt-get install make g++-4.1 gcc-4.1 libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsdl-stretch-dev libcdio7 libcdio-dev libfribidi0 libfribidi-dev liblzo1 liblzo-dev libfreetype6 libfreetype6-dev libsqlite3-0 libsqlite3-dev libogg-dev libsmbclient-dev libsmbclient libasound2-dev python2.4-dev python2.4 python-sqlite libglew1.5 libglew1.5-dev libcurl3-dev g++ gawk x11proto-xinerama-dev libxinerama-dev libxrandr-dev libxrender-dev libmms-dev pmount libmad0-dev libtre-dev libogg-dev libvorbis-dev libmysqlclient15-dev -libhal -libhal-dev -libhal-storage1 -libhal-storage-dev

While the deps are of interest why dedicate the energy to try it before its an official stable release? The ycould drop the bottom out of this and it could completely change.
I'm not sure I understand what you're aiming at.
You mean it's it's of no use to try XBMC under Hardy? Or to make a simple post once I make the simple discovery a new dep needs to be installed?

@HarshReality, actually they have Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) BETA currently in a feature-freeze so not that much should change before it is released in two months from now, so do not expect it to "completely change" between the current BETA and the FINAL release.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) 32-bit packages dependencies0