What are some good video add ons?
Hello,
I can respect that Kodi does not support and are against bad add ons that are not legit. I am really not aware which ones are good from the bad. I am wondering where can I find some real legit add ons? Can anyone share with me what they can provide as an example of good Kodi add ons for my Kodi Krypton? I would gladly appreciate it.
Anything in the official repo (start here), and any addons discussed in these forums.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Xumo Play | DistroTV | Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
youtube and vimeo are good. the guardian addon if you're into news, ditto al jazeera.

Beer geeks drew my attention, in fact there are a lot of kind of hobby/personal interest stuff in the repo.

Unfortunately the repo addons are not always maintained. Although the addons are approved by Team Kodi, a lot of them are not written by our coders. Some of them don't get updated when web sites change etc, or when Kodi's addon engine changes. Also some stuff is region blocked, that is the nature of the originating web sites usually.

Personally it is a matter of going through them in the addons screen, seeing what takes your fancy and giving it a shot.

Also going through the video addons forum and seeing what takes your fancy. If a thread is active then it's more likely the addon is actively developed and up to date (LOL unless the last few entries are "WTF doesn't this work any more" )
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
If your in the uk bbc iplayer is really good and itv player. Great for watching soaps
Oh. Ok. I will check those out. Thanks guys.
(2017-05-21, 05:04)lalascott7 Wrote: Hello,
I can respect that Kodi does not support and are against bad add ons that are not legit. I am really not aware which ones are good from the bad. I am wondering where can I find some real legit add ons? Can anyone share with me what they can provide as an example of good Kodi add ons for my Kodi Krypton? I would gladly appreciate it.

I really like the Crackle add on, I think it's called Crackler. Also the SnagFilms add on.
Both have tv shows and movies and are totally legit.

For news I like the World News add on. Not all the news outlets they list work, but I like France24 and that one does work. So does Al Jazeera America, but with crappy quality. I also watch RT America.

For documentary stuff PBS ThinkTV, TV Ontario (YES- this one does work in the states) which is a Canadian version of PBS, NFB National Film Board of Canada are all pretty awesome.

You don't say what you would like to watch, so it's hard to recommend add ons when there are so many.

The developer learningit has THE best add ons IMO. And he is very responsive and helpful when you have an issue with one of his add ons. Check out his stuff.

There are tons of legit video add ons... but as with anything, some are better than others and some aren't maintained at all anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What are some good video add ons?0