TV Tuner
Hi Guys,
This may be a stupid question but here goes. I use a HDTV as my monitor, has anyone figured out a way to use that tuner with Kodi?
Which tuner?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
For Kodi to 'see' it in most scenarios for PVR/Live tv functionality it needs to be connected via USB/PCI-E to the device running the PVR backend. You then have to configure Kodi to see the hardware and present it to Kodi

Any tuner integrated into a TV wont provide this and will only work with the panel its part of, so no you would have to buy some new hardware to do it
(2017-05-31, 12:55)Karellen Wrote: Which tuner?
The tuner in the HDTV.
(2017-05-31, 14:25)jools5000 Wrote: For Kodi to 'see' it in most scenarios for PVR/Live tv functionality it needs to be connected via USB/PCI-E to the device running the PVR backend. You then have to configure Kodi to see the hardware and present it to Kodi

Any tuner integrated into a TV wont provide this and will only work with the panel its part of, so no you would have to buy some new hardware to do it

How about a smart TV with usb ports?
No the USB ports aren't for that purpose and it woudn't work

You would need a proper TV tuner USB/PCI-E device.

I used one of the TBS DVB-S2 cards with a Mediaportal backend a while ago and it wasn't too bad (UK based), what you need depends on your region, software and type of transmissions you are trying to receive.

I would suggest you start here
http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_recording_software
Thanks guys. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Tuner0