Please help me in choosing right media player for my needs
Hi,

I am building home theatre for the very first time. I made up mind in buying Himedia q10 pro but thanks to this forum for mentioning the 2 major drawbacks of micro-stuttering and rough left edges

Can any one help to choose media player which should have the following ->
1. Best picture quality over 2D and 3D.
2, It should support all media format including 3D BD ISO, MVC, AVC, Remuxes etc
3. Should support HDR10, Dolby Vision and HLG
4. Support 7.2 Sound, DTS:X

(These are main 4 requirements until I dig out more)
Assuming (given that you ask this question on a kodi forum) you have decided to run kodi, and just inquiring into the box / hw you should run it on?

Sent from my iPhone
@HDTV1080p,

Pretty simple answer. You are going to have to buy an Intel Box and run Windows for the best 3D.
Ask over in the 3D Intel thread for Hardware choices.
Forget about DolbyVision and HLG. Far to early for support with those. Intel eventually may be able provide support for those two using some sort of Software implementation.

You are not going to find DolbyVision and HLG support on any Kodi box currently.
There may be some HDR Windows development happening for Kodi v18.

Android will not give you bit perfect Audio for FLAC listening.
Android also does not support Auto Resolution Switching if you have a 4K TV. This is important for high quality 720/1080p > 2160p (4K) video upscaling, when using a modern 4K TV.

(2017-06-01, 21:47)mchp92 Wrote: Assuming (given that you ask this question on a kodi forum) you have decided to run kodi, and just inquiring into the box / hw you should run it on?

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Is that KODI player issue?
if not, can it be played with other apps without stuttering and rough left edges?
(2017-06-02, 04:00)wrxtasy Wrote: @HDTV1080p,

Pretty simple answer. You are going to have to buy an Intel Box and run Windows for the best 3D.
Ask over in the 3D Intel thread for Hardware choices.

Can you give links please as I am new here.
Ask for Intel Hardware suggestions in this thread:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=266316

To be honest unless you really, really need 3D playback support you would be far better as a beginner with something Plug N Play like a ....

nVIDIA Shield or a Vero 4K

(2017-06-02, 17:06)HDTV1080p Wrote:
(2017-06-01, 21:47)mchp92 Wrote: Assuming (given that you ask this question on a kodi forum) you have decided to run kodi, and just inquiring into the box / hw you should run it on?

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

Is that KODI player issue?
if not, can it be played with other apps without stuttering and rough left edges?

I run kodi on several minix boxes with no problem at all

Sent from my iPhone
I am thinking of buying Zidoo x10 @ $199. Would it be better than Zappiti flag ship player?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please help me in choosing right media player for my needs0