Nextpvr, mcebuddy and kodi
Hello,
I have nextpvr setup and working good and trying to get wife approval. My nextpvr server is a windows 10 pc with 1 TB recording directly to the primary drive. My TV's are setup with Fire TV 2nd gen and kodi 17.3 with nextpvr frontend. DVR scheduling is working fine and playback of recordings is fine. I have recently added mcebuddy to the mix. It is configured to use comskip and convert the recorded shows to MP4 HQ, then delete the original file while remaining in the original folder. With this setup, the recordings don't show up in the usual recordings menu since they are now MP4. I have created a workaround by going to Videos/Files and adding a path to the folder where the recordings are. Although this works, it doesn't win high marks in the wife approval area.

Does anyone else have a similar setup? Tips/Tricks? Is this the best dvr setup for Windows 10 being the server? Forgot to mention my tuner is hdhomerun prime with spectrum cable tv.

Thanks in advance!
Why not have them end up in the library after post processing?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
The NextPVR addon only stream ts files and will not be able to stream your mp4 files. In addition the addon won't support comskip edl files.

Martin
As emveepee says, NextPVR only records .ts files, and the Kodi addon is only designed to stream .ts. You'd be best to leave the files as .ts files if you're streaming to Kodi.

Unfortunately Kodi wont ask for the edl info when streaming over http.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nextpvr, mcebuddy and kodi0