Solved Cant Enter Setting Or Exit Kodi 17
Hi

I have just downloaded Kodi v17.3 with Krypton theme.

I have by mistake disabled the mouse function in the settings. And now I cant enter settings (change it back) or exit Kodi. I can only navigate in the main menu > Movies, Tv Shows etc.
My remote and keybord cant go up to settings/power off button.

How can I change this back?

Thank you!
you can go up until you are on first point of the home menu. then you come to the upper icons.
Weird...
You should be able to go to the settings button using the arrow on your keyboard

If you really can not, then go to C:\Users\YourWindowsUserName\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata and delete guisettings.xml file

WARNING: it will reset all kodi settings to default
Moanbag is in da place!
No matter how many times i enter UP with my remote or both keyboards it will stop at Movies. It cant go up to the upper "setting/power off/files" buttons. I think the mouse disabling is the reason for that; I could do it before I disabled mouse. The problem is that I cant change it back without entering settings and I cant just reset everything either because I have used a lot of time to set everything up as it is.

I imagine that I need to change some code in the APPDATA folder, but I have not idea where...

I hope someone can help!
enter in explorer %appdata%\kodi\userdata
rename guisettings.xml to guisettings.old
(2017-06-10, 16:24)01-jeller Wrote: No matter how many times i enter UP with my remote or both keyboards it will stop at Movies. It cant go up to the upper "setting/power off/files" buttons. I think the mouse disabling is the reason for that; I could do it before I disabled mouse. The problem is that I cant change it back without entering settings and I cant just reset everything either because I have used a lot of time to set everything up as it is.

I imagine that I need to change some code in the APPDATA folder, but I have not idea where...

I hope someone can help!

So in your guisettings.xml file, you should have this line:

Code:
<enablemouse default="true">false</enablemouse>

Change it to:

Code:
<enablemouse default="true">true</enablemouse>

It should enable mouse support

(got to be done with kodi closed)
Moanbag is in da place!
FIRST, thank you both for your help!

I tried to rename it to guisettings.old and it did not help (with Kodi closed)

I also tried to edit guidesettings file and it says: <enablemouse default="true">true</enablemouse> - And I dont know why, but it still does not work... I think however, its because I also have a older version of Kodi installed?

Because the mouse does work in the old version of Kodi.
Yes the settings in the guisettings file in the AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata folder are for the old version of Kodi.

So I just need to find the guisettings file for the new version of Kodi and than I think that it will work. But I cant find it...
At this point a debug log (wiki) may be needed

You should not be able to have 2 different kodi version at the same time on windows...

Except if:

-one has been installed using portable mode
-you use kodi 17.3 from windows store

If that is the case, the guisettings.xml file is in another location and you probably try to modify the one from your working older version
Moanbag is in da place!
YES I do use Kodi 17.3 from windows store. Is there any cons of that?

Do you know where location of the guisettings.xml file is than?
(2017-06-10, 17:11)01-jeller Wrote: YES I do use Kodi 17.3 from windows store. Is there any cons of that?

Do you know where location of the guisettings.xml file is than?

So it's just a matter of getting right path for your userdata folder!

For kodi from windows store, here is the path:

Code:
[c:]\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\

Once you're here, you should find the good guisettings.xml file and change the line responsible of mouse support

Then you should be good
Moanbag is in da place!
There are no AppData folder in C:\Users\[User] ;(
(2017-06-10, 17:25)01-jeller Wrote: There are no AppData folder in C:\Users\[User] Sad

You need to enable "show hiden folder" in windows

Once windows explorer is opened: click on "file" in the top menu of explorer then select option

Then select display and you should find "show hidden folder" in the list
Moanbag is in da place!
[c:]\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kod​i\userdata\

[user] should be your user name on the computer..... best to use explorer and follow the path to the file.

And yes 'enable "show hiden folder" in windows.
I actually did enabled hidden folder; but after your massage I did it in the explore and than it showed AppData folder.

I changed enablemouse from false to true and it WORK!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP GRACUS!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant Enter Setting Or Exit Kodi 170