[REQUEST] SOL (Shutdown On LAN) python script
hi,
here is my problem: i basically stream all videos from my pc and watch em on my xbox from my loft bed. since i am too lazy to go down my bed to switch of my pc (which would be nice cause the fan noise is rather annoying), it would be nice if there would be a feature to switch of my pc from the xbox somehow.

i am not sure how this could be implemented. is there some windows feature for remote shutdown? or would u need an additional server application?

this would definetley improve my sleeping Smile

thx
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
there is a python script that does exactly this. it's called shutdownpconlan. i suggest you check out xbmcscripts.com under the "communication" group.

it requires some software to be running on your pc, but it is included and takes up very little pc memory.

definitely worthwhile. with the wake on lan script and this combined into a single script, you can turn your pc on and off with one button!!!
thx alot that was just what i was looking for. i didn't find the wake on lan script on xbmc-scripts? where can i find that?

thx
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
search the forums from the beginning for 'wol'.
there is an easier way!

in network settings in xbmc under the settings menu, enable webserver and fireup firefox/ie. then make sure your xbox and pc are connected up and type http://networkaddress (usually your ftp address, found by going onto info screen) and on the bottom left corner you will see a shutdown tab you may press to shut your xbox off. it also provides other useful functions such as, playing music remotely, movies and displaying pictures remotely. it can also change bookmarks without fidling around with the xml.

hope that helps! Smile
i think he was after a way to turn his pc on/off from the xbox, not the other way around. Smile
hi guys, what better way to celebrate my first post by dragging an old post up...(sorry!Wink :lookaround:

i've had a look round the site and on xbmcscripts.com but can't seem to find anything related to my problem.
i'm trying to run shutdownpconlan, but whenever i run the setup file, i get an error message in german and it also says "type mismatch". i then have to quit out of the installer.

i've got the wake on lan script to run which is great, but it'd be even better if i could also get this one to work!

any help would be greatly appreciated!
cheers.
hi, i had the same problem. i assumed it was just me.

what you can do is just extract the file with winrar, rather than running it.

you don't actually need to 'install' it as such.
superb, thanks for the quick reply, all working now! :o
you're welcome
hi guys! can you help me to configure this script? Smile
hi downloaded shutdownpconlan.rar from xbmcscript.com.
i unrarred it. and i unrarred the shutdownonlan.rar. i haven't run the setup.exe.
then, what i have to do exactly?
thank you!
Great Success!
Question 
hi team,

i have recently started using an XBMC box setup as a UPNP server which is stacked full of all my different audio/video/pic files. I then have an XBOX downstairs on my main HD TV which I use to stream the files from the "server box" which is upstairs.

I normally fire the server box up when I get home from work and just leave it on.

Is there any way to add the functionality for the client Xbox to be able to shutdown the server Xbox so when you have finished watching a movie for example you can just shut the server? maybe using the context menu might be an idea.

Also I have no idea(I doubt it does) but does the Xbox also support wake on lan so the server could be fired up from the client?

is this a good idea? who knows?

thanks for listening.
For the shutdown, look into a python script that sends an HTTPApi command. Check our docs (wiki).
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

NYZO Wrote:does the Xbox also support wake on lan so the server could be fired up from the client?
No, the Xbox does not support WOL.

Moving to the python forum for your shutdown request.

PS! Why use an Xbox with XBMC as a permanent server in any case, it is not what it is designed to do and you will therefor not get a lot of help/support in this area. I would suggest using an old computer which support WOL for a server instead, see http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...icated_NAS
im pretty sure there is a wol/sol phyton script out there!!!
By preety i mean there is cause i used to have it, but i could only shut down my pc using this script. Actually i might give it another go and see if my new pc supports wol..

the script comes with a small pc app that runs as a service on your pc.

check out the monster mod for xbmc360 i think thats where i got it!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] SOL (Shutdown On LAN) python script0